Hacking Need help installing CFW on 2ds with damaged screen

Sayora

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this 3ds that has just the screen broken but everything else works fine, you just can't see the screen. I thought of installing CFW to enable NTR CFW to be able to stream it to my PC or at least get the local friend code seed off of it. However, I realized that this seems to be impossible as installing CFW requires entering a randomly generated code that appears on the top screen that must be entered. However, without being able to see the screen I can't install. Is there any way to bypass that code or some alternative method to installing CFW? Thank you.

Sayora

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok. I guess I just have to hope some method of doing it blind becomes available. Although would booting Luma with ntrboothax directly after every bootup work?

unvaluablespace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Step 1) Identify your particular 2ds/3ds model (old/new 3ds, old/new 2ds, xl/non-xl)

Step 2) Identify which screen is broken (top/bottom)

Step 3) Edumicate yourself and watch related 3ds repair videos on youtube (example: old 3ds XL bottom screen replacement/repair)

Step 4) Find the part on ebay based on the earlier identifications. Also get a small philips screwdriver, as well as tiny pointy tweezers

Step 6) Repair that shiz...

Profit!

Disclaimer: in no way am I trying to be a smartass about your situation, but replacing the screens aren't that hard. as a big guy with fat fingers, I HIGHLY suggest a good pair of tweezers! lifesaver when working with the various 3ds models. :)

Reactions: emerald_boy

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Also, I said that it was like trying to repair/setup a PC blindfolded. What I was tryin' to said actually, is that you can do it if you're skillful enough.
I wouldn't try it, but if you follow the guide properly (and have some luck) you may do it.
If you still want to try it, I wish you a lot of luck.
:D

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Info Sourced from:
[YouTube] NTRBOOT Guide with R4i Gold 3DS Plus
* Don't rely only on video tutorials. Use them to supplement the 3ds.hacks.guide

ntrboot_button_combo.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: