ROM Hack Need help in rom dumping

Izaya-Orihara

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I was hoping someone can help me dump my omega ruby ROM. The problem is when i run brain-dump from the home-brew menu it cant find the game. I use rxtools and on the CFW "desktop" i can see my my Pokemon omega ruby game there and it can run. I installed it using a cia file of omega ruby.

Do i need to decrypt my "cia" file to get to romfs or is there a way to simply dump my game - I can seem to find the hard copy just the "cia". I've been told that a "cia" file is simply the installer and not the game. I don't know much about 3DS hacking since I got it hacked by someone, but like to believe I can be a quick study if someone can explain the basic principles like:

what is a "cia", in comparison to a "3ds" file?
Where is the game on the SD card once it has been installed using a "cia" file?
How do I dump the game i installed using a "cia" file?

Please bear with my noobness?

Thanks for the help.

RandomKid150

Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you mean the program that runs when you boot the 3ds - blue screen then yes
I mean the homebrew launcher CIA installed on your Emunand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you have the icon with the "H" in it installed to your emunand?
IMG_4719.JPG

Izaya-Orihara

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When i go to rxtools emunand there is no app called homebrew launcher there is an app called fbi and savefiler

sorry i dont

Izaya-Orihara

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is it a program called 'hans" if so i dont have it do I need to install it to allow rom dump from a cia instaled game?

thank you so much I'll let you know what happens after i install. again thank for such a quick reply.

RandomKid150

Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it a program called 'hans" if so i dont have it do I need to install it to allow rom dump from a cia instaled game?
I just linked it ---> https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases
Install Version 1.1 on your Emunand, run it and it should run the Homebrew Launcher, select Braindump and select your game, and it should start dumping.

It could take a couple minutes depending on the CIA size.

It couldn't find the game before because you were running the Homebrew for Sysnand, not Emunand. Instaling and running the HB Launcher on Emunand will let you select the games you have installed on Emunand.

Izaya-Orihara

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the late reply but wanted to make sure certain things. I was able to install "Hans" and in doing so now have an H icon in emunand as well as to new app like YouTube and google. however I am still not able to fin omega ruby through brain-dump. Also my brain-dump app does not appear in emunand it only appears through the home-brew launcher. Brain-dump is able to find "downloadplay" activity log, etc. just not my cia files, including omega ruby.

RandomKid150

Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late reply but wanted to make sure certain things. I was able to install "Hans" and in doing so now have an H icon in emunand as well as to new app like YouTube and google. however I am still not able to fin omega ruby through brain-dump. Also my brain-dump app does not appear in emunand it only appears through the home-brew launcher. Brain-dump is able to find "downloadplay" activity log, etc. just not my cia files, including omega ruby.
It's not supposed to be Hans. It's just the Homebrew Launcher.cia
Once it's on your Emunand, run it and wait till it goes to the Homebrew Launcher.
Open Barindump and select your game if it shows up.

Izaya-Orihara

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes sry that is what i meant the program u ask me to download from the link

I'm not sure why but everytime I run homebrew launcher it takes me to the purple screen and when I can click to boot rxtools it freezes - btw I run my emunand on a 128Gb sd card could that be the issue?

I'm not sure why but everytime I run homebrew launcher it takes me to the purple screen and when I can click to boot rxtools it freezes - btw I run my emunand on a 128Gb sd card could that be the issue?
the 3ds reboots i run the "h" software

the 3ds reboots i run the "h" software also I ave a dual boot both reinand and rxtools in the boot menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld