Need help getting back ups to play

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by funkymunnies, Jun 13, 2010.

Jun 13, 2010
  1. funkymunnies
    OP

Newcomer funkymunnies Member

United States
    Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could help me out.

I downloaded configurable USB loader and got that up and running (was able to install mario kart from disc to HDD with no problem) but some of the games didn't work that way (Monster Hunter 3) so I tried to get a torrent of it to see if I could get it running that way.

Long story short, I can't figure out how to get the torrent onto the HDD and working. When I've downloaded the torrent, it shows up with a bunch of rar files and I don't know what's what. Can someone help me out here?

Thanks.

2. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    Assuming you have a application installed that supports the .rar extension (If you don't, download WinRAR) Double click the .r00 file and you should see a .iso file. Click extract, and extract it anywhere on your computer's HDD. Download Wii Backup Manager and transfer the .iso onto your HDD. In the case of Monster Hunter 3, you will need to install IOS 223 merged with 37 (I think).

3. funkymunnies
    OP

Newcomer funkymunnies Member

United States
    also, I have a wbfs partition that I'm trying to put this on. I have already downloaded WBFS manager to get access to it from my pc.

edit: thanks ill try that out

4. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    I did not know that UPS played backups.

Anyway. The multiple rar files are normal. Just open one with Winrar, or whatever you use, and it'll open them all up. It's basically saving space. Let's say you have a Wii. To get the Wii to work you need a Power source,controller,sensor bar, ect. Well, let's say you pack everything in a different box. The iso is packed in different "rar" files. If your missing a "box" or rar file, you wont get it to work.

5. changeling

Newcomer changeling Member

United States
    What surprises me is how you managed to download a torrent but don't know how to unRAR an archive.

But yeah, you need to run MH Tri with Hermes cIOS 223.

6. kimikal27

Member kimikal27 GBAtemp Maniac

Ireland
    well, what surprises me is how did he hacked his wii in the first place...