Need help for USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by bradzx, Nov 28, 2015.

1. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    I am using my flash drive, 32gb PNY Attache. My friend does have that too. He use his wii and wii game does work on the list. But my wii doesn't. So I need your help. My console seem not correctly setup.

So here is SysCheck result for my wii system.

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Your softmod is good.
    you don't need to re-softmod. don't use modmii.

Your problem is not your Wii.

your problem is the loader, or the settings, or your flashdrive, or your games.

3. N64

N64 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 16, 2014
    United States
    Make sure your USB is formatted in fat32, and use the USB port closest to the bottom side of the Wii (when not using a stand)

4. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    My Flash drive is fine. I can see VC on the list and some GameCube. Like I said before, my friend does work. My Wii doesn't for Wii game. So I don't know what kind he put install he use.
    I am using this game for Brawl hack and it said USB loader only.
    You said CFG USB Loader didn't support for custom ID Game. You recommend me use USB Loader GX. But I don't see that game for Brawl hack on the list. Just VC and GC game. I check the check box hen I uncheck VC, GC, and Emulator, it nothing there on list. That Brawl hack ID Game is RSBE33.

It is and already done that. No Wii game on the list. Just VC and GC game.

Last edited by bradzx, Nov 28, 2015
  5. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I don't remember saying anything for CFG loader.
    I never used that USBLoader, so I can't tell you what is working or not with it.

can you show your wbfs folder?
    your game folder too?
    if the loader can't see the game, maybe the name or folder is wrong.

Maybe you have filters to hide some games, you need to clear all filters and categories (and settings if you can).

You have only one partition ? (just in case you formated the flash with multiple partitions, but I don't think you did)

6. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    No, I bought it two days ago.

Never mind that. It there now. And now I completely forgot what my friend told me put gamecube in USB Loader GX. How can I do that?

I did add some Wii game. I load other game. It fine. I load same game, it froze and hanging on black screen because my wii remote turn it off itself. How can I fix hanging black screen?

Partition? You mean this? http://prntscr.com/984wf1
    If so, then I have two hack game and both are letter G.

Last edited by bradzx, Nov 29, 2015
  7. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I noticed in the official USBLoaderGX thread that you said you played the game, so it's finally working?
    What was your issue? wrong path ?

For gamecube games, you need more setup.

Exemple with mario:
    place ISO on USB :
    rename the ISO file to "game.iso" (NOT mario.iso, but "game.iso")
    place the ISO into this folder :
    USB:/games/mario/game.iso

download nintendont : launch USBLoaderGX > settings > features > update nintendont.

set gamecube mode to nintendont : Settings > loader settings > Gamecube section > gamecube mode : Nintendont

4. run the game.

8. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    Well yes it work on the list and play first time. But when I tried second time or more to load the two games, it hanging black screen and my wii remote turn it off itself.

It work fine when I load the game for first time. But it won't work to second time or more.

Huh....That is pretty easy to do to setup. Thank, man. But need help for wii game.

9. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    @Cyan I did download Nintendont. I did follow one folder they mention but what about the rest of folder and data?

10. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    read nintendont thread, first post, there's a tutorial to setup nintendont.

11. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    You mean this?

I did follow the step for nintendont app folder.

12. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I meant ... the full first post yes.
    Not only the part you quoted.

The first post on nintendont thread contains a lot of information. how to install, how to install for USBLoaders, etc.

You now should have :
    /apps/Nintendont/boot.dol
    /apps/Nintendont/meta.xml

if you have these two files, congratulation ! you just installed nintendont.
    yes, that's all. copy 2 files and it's installed. nothing difficult.

BUT you need your games in the correct folder and in the correct filename.

13. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    I did finish that part. You mention about update Nintendont and set GC mode for Nintendont, right?
    If I use GC game on flash drive so meaning I have to usb as fliename, right?

14. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    what did you do, and what do you want to know?
    There's really nothing complicated, all is basic : copy game, launch the loader, tell the loader you want to use nintendont and play !
    I don't understand why users make it feel like it's over complicated. If you don't understand how to copy a file, hacking is not for you.

Of course if you want to put the games on your flashdrive the game path will be USB:/games/ and NOT sd:/games/, that's just common sense.

step1 (install nintendont)
    - download nintendont
    - put nintendont's boot.dol and meta.xml in /apps/nintendont/ folder

step2 (install games)
    - copy the ISO to games/game name/game.iso
    example : usb:/games/mario sunshine/game.iso

step3 (setup USBLoaderGX)
    - go to settings > loader settings > Gamecube mode : Select "nintendont"
    - go to the main window of usbloadergx and click on the 4th icon in the top menu, enable gamecube.

step4 (play and enjoy the games!)
    - select a game, and start !

N64 and Voxel like this.
  15. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    Hee hee. Sorry but I already mention about my reading level is low in message. That why it hard for me to understand when I read it.

Well it seem easy job.

By the way, I already hacking my wii because I don't want spend my money to buy real one.

16. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    I have problem with Nintendont update. I start use internet connection to update Nintendont. Then change GC Mode to Nintendont. I load first time game. It work fine. I turn it off internet connection on my wii. I use it again, suddenly, it said ask to copy the game to SD card from USB. I was like what? I don't want copy the game to my SD card. I want GC game in USB. Not SD card. So I move Nintendont folder to flash drive. Then I do same pattern for SD card. I change folder path to flash drive which is automatic folder for sd card. I start update Nintendont as already connection internet. It start downloading. Then it froze. Wii remote off itself. Music still going. But cant go back or anything with it. I think this is bug report for USB Loader GX with Nintendont. Can you fix the bug for USB Loader DX?

Last edited by bradzx, Dec 4, 2015 - Reason: Need help for Nintendont
  17. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    it's not a bug, it's you not understanding how to use homebrew.
    Don't update nintendont. don't enable online.

if it tell you "use SD card" then your setting is bad, or your USBLoaderGX is not good version ! Your hack is bad (old tutorial?).
    Do not launch the loader from the System menu installed channel. launch the loader from Homebrew channel or delete the full channel and install the forwarder channel.

18. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    How come USBLoaderGX is bad version when I use latest version?

I am confuse right now. You said update the nintendont to use GC game. Now you said dont update.

Uhh.........I did that launch the loader from Wii menu system......How can I fix that? I am using SD card to use flash drive for Wii game. But I use other SD card as 16gb for GC game only.

Also someone told me that I should update IOS 249/250/251. Should I do that?

Last edited by bradzx, Dec 5, 2015 - Reason: Forgot to mention about update IOS
  19. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    If you use latest version, then you see "3.0 r1256" on the launch screen with USBLoaderGX logo. Do you see the version text on boot?
    if you use latest version, then your setting is bad.

I didn't tell you to update nintendont, I told you to download nintendont and copy the file to SD:/apps/nintendont/ folder
    This is done only ONE TIME. don't update nintendont every time.

SD:/apps/nintendont/boot.dol
    SD:/apps/nintendont/meta.xml

Don't update 249/250/251. don't install unnecessary program. it's probably already updated.

do you know how to use Wad manager?

20. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    Meep! It is! So what version you are suggest me to use USBLoader GX for smoothly result?

Yes I do use Wad manager most of time for use VC game and inject WAD. Why you ask?