need help for my black wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lufu5, Aug 13, 2009.

Aug 13, 2009

need help for my black wii by lufu5 at 7:43 AM (1,131 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. lufu5
    OP

Newcomer lufu5 Newbie

Singapore
    hi bros, i just gotten a jap black wii with a system version of 4.0J i was hoping that any kind souls can help me or guide me to changing the region to a US 4.0U with softmod. hopefully someone around here can advise me on it... i need a detailed guide..

thanks in advance

2. Deviyl

Member Deviyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm mildly curious about this as well. I'm fairly sure it should be possible, but I haven't personally looked into it yet. I wonder if Nintendo will trade me my white Wii for a black one? =)

3. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
  4. isamux

Member isamux Advanced Member

Japan
    If you follow XZXERO's guide, you should be set. Just DON'T install any of the cISOCORP stuff, this messed up my black wii and now I'm trying to fix it. Slowly but surely it's becoming untangled.

5. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    yea what he said, i hope you fix your wii man!!

6. Deviyl

Member Deviyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Might be better to spend a few extra $ and get a kit that you know has good parts. Cheaper ones might be just that.. cheap. All the reviews on this one say the parts are as if Nintendo made them. You even get new black pads and stickers for the screws on the bottom. =)
    http://www.consoleshop.com/product.php?productid=16847

7. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    Is there anything special why black Wiis dont "like" cIOSCORP? I am recieving my black one MH3 bundle this or next week and was just wondering...

On my white 4.1E its no problem with cIOSCORP at all....

Please let me know.

Thanks

8. isamux

Member isamux Advanced Member

Japan
    I'm not sure but I think my system is almost back to normal, but someone mentioned that the new drives can't read burned DVD's?? I've tried loading original JAP games and some US games through softchip and neogamma, both worked fine. (but I still CAN'T get any backups to work) I don't have an external HD to try the HD loading stuff, but I only thought that you would need cIOSCORP was to load backed up games directly through the disc channel. Perhaps if the new Wii drives can't read burned discs then there would be no point for the cISOCORP.