Need help creating amiibos with ntag215

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Kafluke, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    I found the guide on here but it says, Here is a new tagmo (2.1). It does it all.... Or you can use the old way. But it doesn't really teach you how to use tagmo 2.1.

I have a bunch of ntag215s and I have a wolf link amiibo bin file. I only have two options on the tagmo menu. None of this load key stuff is on there. I have:

Load tag file
    Write to tag

I select the "Load tag file" and select my wolf link bin and it says "Loaded tag file".
    Then I select "Write to tag" and I get this message:

"Error: Source UID does not match the target!"

2. KingOfTaurus

KingOfTaurus GBAtemp Regular

Feb 19, 2016
    United States
    Las Vegas
    Do a simple search through posts by me and you will find the answers you need.

3. Songoshin

Songoshin Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2016
    Canada
    meh getting the same error as you kafluke. Did try to look into King's post like he said, but found nothing clear. Any help pls ?

4. skalienx

skalienx Advanced Member

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    From what I read, you have to get the uid of the tag with some android app (sorry, cant remember the name), then hex edit the bin writing the uid you pulled from the tag over the one in the bin. I thought the updated tagmo was supposed to do that for you, but I may be wrong. Just ordered my tags today, so it will be a week or two before I can test.

5. KingOfTaurus

KingOfTaurus GBAtemp Regular

Feb 19, 2016
    United States
    Las Vegas
    :wink:

6. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Thanks for all your help! Was able to write to the tag but @KingOfTaurus helped me see that I had ordered ntag216s instead of 215s. Thread can be closed.