need help compiling .nds as a noob

SuspiciousTapeworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
What title says. I'm dicking around with some code for the DS but I can't figure out how to compile them. I don't know how to run the make command. While I read up on some other threads I really don't understand. Help please?

SuspiciousTapeworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm not using a homebrew. I copy pasted code from this tutorial (DS Programming for Newbies, here on GBA temp; it's not letting me post links), the exercise #1, and tried to run it.
So what exactly do I need to type to run make? the last time I tried, it told me to stop.

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by "it told me to stop"? What told you to stop and what was the exact message?

If you installed the environment correctly, all you should have to do is type "make" in a command prompt at the directory that has the Makefile in it.

The tutorial you mentioned is quite old and most of the links it has for setting up an environment no longer work. The old devkitPro page includes a link redirecting you to a new page where you can get recent versions of devkitARM and libnds. The NFlib link warns you that NFlib may no longer work with newer versions of devkitARM and libnds, though.

If you have installed devkitARM with libnds, I would suggest getting and compiling some of the libnds examples as a first test. Examples are available here: https://github.com/devkitPro/nds-examples

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, works for me:

1638155184579.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended