Homebrew Need help centering an image for a custom theme folder

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble putting this image I want on the folder icons for my new custom theme I'm making, but it keeps going off to the right. I'm using Usagi 3ds Theme Editor and my image is the correct size(128x64). How do I fix it because it keeps turning out like this: https://imgur.com/K2QJ5NA

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble putting this image I want on the folder icons for my new custom theme I'm making, but it keeps going off to the right. I'm using Usagi 3ds Theme Editor and my image is the correct size(128x64). How do I fix it because it keeps turning out like this: https://imgur.com/K2QJ5NA
I just export the default folder into a png, then I use Photoshop to make my custom image transparent so I can adjust where it is on top of the default png. Then I just delete the original png and make mine full opacity.

EDIT: Paint.net should let you do the same thing; it's a free alternative to Photoshop.

Last edited by Giodude,

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just export the default folder into a png, then I use Photoshop to make my custom image transparent so I can adjust where it is on top of the default png. Then I just delete the original png and make mine full opacity.

EDIT: Paint.net should let you do the same thing; it's a free alternative to Photoshop.
I got it by resizing it again, this time to the size in the parenthesis (74x64).

Reactions: Giodude

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Btw do you know what the large and small icons and Top(alternative) are for in usagi? Also do you know how change the color of the border around game icons?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw do you know what the large and small icons and Top(alternative) are for in usagi? Also do you know how change the color of the border around game icons?
I'm not sure, I used yata+ in the past. I only used usagi once. Usagi is better but I took a while to switch. Sorry. Maybe you could export the large and small icons of another theme and see what dimensions it is? I know the color is also hidden in a menu somewhere. It's easy, just hidden.

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure, I used yata+ in the past. I only used usagi once. Usagi is better but I took a while to switch. Sorry. Maybe you could export the large and small icons of another theme and see what dimensions it is? I know the color is also hidden in a menu somewhere. It's easy, just hidden.
The regular icons are what I was talking about. The folder icons can be completely customized easily in Usagi. I never see the actual icons I apply in my themes

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The regular icons are what I was talking about. The folder icons can be completely customized easily in Usagi. I never see the actual icons I apply in my themes
Oh I see now. Not sure then. There's actually a new online client for usagi if you want to try it, though as of right now I can't find a link.

Reactions: Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The regular icons are what I was talking about. The folder icons can be completely customized easily in Usagi. I never see the actually icons I apply in my themes
Oh I see now. Not sure then. There's actually a new online client for usagi if you want to try it, though as of right now I can't find a link.
I'm definitely gonna have to check that out now

Reactions: Giodude

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over