Hacking Need help ASAP. Black screen after restoring sysnand!!

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Do you guys think maybe it was the luma version? Should I try an older luma and if that doesn't work ill use reinand
I wish I saw this thread hours ago you could haved spared yourself all this horsing around. I have seen it (very rarely) but a few times I have seen A9LH installs working but not booting, exactly like in your case. I would remove all LUMA files and folders from the SD card, then install the luma 5.2 (non dev) version. if that boots, I would update it with Luma updater. if that re-breaks it, I would go back to 5.2 and just stay there I guess.

Subhaan2703

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The "arm9loaderhax.bin" file and the "luma" folder.
The luma folder currently on my sd card has a dumps folder containing a folder called arm9, is this important or shall i just replace the entire luma folder with the older versions folder

Subhaan2703

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I wish I saw this thread hours ago you could haved spared yourself all this horsing around. I have seen it (very rarely) but a few times I have seen A9LH installs working but not booting, exactly like in your case. I would remove all LUMA files and folders from the SD card, then install the luma 5.2 (non dev) version. if that boots, I would update it with Luma updater. if that re-breaks it, I would go back to 5.2 and just stay there I guess.
So remove the entire luma folder (Including the dumps folder) and remove arm9loaderhax.bin then replace with older versions?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don't replace the luma folder then.
So i should just replace the arm9loaderhax.bin file? Can't this cause a brick by using different files from different versions?

Subhaan2703

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Backup the luma folder just in case, I don't know what the dumps are. Then replace everything.
So backup the old luma folder, replace with new luma folder and new arm9loaderhax.bin file then insert the payloads, launch luma menu and try to boot. That all sound right?

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Omg I can't thank you guys enough, you are all simply amazing!!!! Once I finish the guide i will post here to confirm!!!
Also if you had games and saves etc, emunand_original is the one you want restored to sysnand. if you started with a fresh DS it doesnt really matter which backup you restored to as long as you have the FBI health and safety injected (and frankly you can reinject that if needed anyways). Glad you got it working!

Subhaan2703

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Which version did you get working?

Just going to ask, but OP, have you ever downgraded the console with Gateway? Part 5 now links to troubleshooting in regards to that.
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Lum...-downgraded-from-the-gateway-menu-in-the-past

Also if you had games and saves etc, emunand_original is the one you want restored to sysnand. if you started with a fresh DS it doesnt really matter which backup you restored to as long as you have the FBI health and safety injected (and frankly you can reinject that if needed anyways). Glad you got it working!
Never used gateway, received the console used on 10.3 and began the process on a fresh console. I got luma 5.2 working atm, currently about to remove rednand then finalise.

I can't currently get decrypt9 to open, i copied the payloads to the 5.2 luma folder on my sd card but can't get any of them to work. Anyone got a workaround?

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
Never used gateway, received the console used on 10.3 and began the process on a fresh console. I got luma 5.2 working atm, currently about to remove rednand then finalise.

I can't currently get decrypt9 to open, i copied the payloads to the 5.2 luma folder on my sd card but can't get any of them to work. Anyone got a workaround?
a9lh version?

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

yeah I have see it both work and not work upgrading from 5.2 so what I suggest you do it when you finish the guide, try updating your LUMA to 5.5 using LUMA updater. IF it goes back to black screen booting after that, then I guess you will be forced to stick with 5.2, but I feel like you are better off with 5.5 if you can get that to work. I have seen cases where updating after worked, and failed.. so really the only way to know is to try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo