OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
player.me
XP
Country
Hello again.

I'm having problems accessing homebrew after 11.3 went live and search has (so far) failed me. So far, every time I've tried I get two lines of text:

0052e000

followed by the usual "an error has occurred and your system will now restart" popup.

I am trying to run *hax 2.9 alpha on an old european 3ds with 11.3.0-36E stock firmware. I have tried with Freakyhax and Soundhax, both with the same outcome. And I have made sure the otherapp.bin and boot.3dsx files are the latest versions from Smealum's website.

Any ideas?

Any help you can provide will be very much appreciated.

UsualNoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue, but the error message indicated wifi needed to be enabled. Is this a new requirement? I was previously able to launch the Homebrew Channel without wifi being on - is that now a requirement for all exploits?

Meliodas2255

It makes sense
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was not required for the previous payload but it is required for 2.9. and it is true that if that was the issue the exploit would ask you to enable wifi. try redownloading soundhax from the main site. there's not reason why it shouldn't work. granted you are using the proper payloads.

Dark Imakuni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
player.me
XP
Country
WiFi is enabled and I am connected to the internet when I try. Sadly, even though I redownloaded everything again before posting this, it just isn't working. :(

All that pops up is the hax header and the two lines:

0052e000

There isn't anything else.

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I can't even say "3ds.guide" because it's not CFW. I've read a bunch of stuff about 11.3 playing up with homebrew so I haven't updated my Luma or Console for that matter.

stevgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
I had this problem but fixed it by redownloading the homebrew starter.zip and the updated payloads to my 3ds SD card and then it worked

TesseractStorm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kept having this issue till I went into the hblauncherloader folder and renamed my NEW-11-2-0-35-USA.bin to .bak

I'm guessing it was keeping the launcher from using the NEW-11-3-0-36-USA.bin that was in the folder.

Dunno if that'll be any help, but I hope so.

Gonna guess the filenames'll be a bit different, but the concept is likely the same.

Last edited by TesseractStorm,

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
All I did for a old EU 3DS was install the 1.3 homebrew launcher cia. It took care of the rest when I first started it.

Dark Imakuni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
player.me
XP
Country
I am aware that I am flouting the rules however I dare say this is an unavoidable situation.

I have searched Google, nothing.
I have asked Reddit, nothing.
I have asked #3dshacks on Rizon, nothing.
I have tweeted Smealum directly, nothing.

I have tried redownloading everything numerous times making sure the correct options are selected. I have tried several different entrypoints. I have tried formatting my SD card.

Nothing has worked and nobody is able to help.

This is a problem unique to me it seems.

Last edited by Dark Imakuni,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?