Hacking Need bit of advice

lizm hagon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a wii u on 5.3.2.E firmware. i would like to put a cfw on to backup games to hdd and play off usb hdd. What would be the best ones to start with at the moment given the firmware i am on. lots of different options out there.

Reactions: Rodrigo Mafra

Rodrigo Mafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You'll have to update.
You will have options like Mocha and HaxChi.
Mocha is free but depends on the browser exploit at every boot and its success rate is horrible.
HaxChi depends on a game that costs US$6.99, it will be necessary to activate on each boot but the success rate is 100%.
In the future, you can also upgrade HaxChi to CBHC, to automatically enable HaxChi at boot.

EDIT: HaxChi can be installed in several other games (games that maybe you already have some), Bain age is currently the cheapest ...

See the list of compatible games here:
http://www.wiiubru.com/go/haxchititles/

Last edited by Rodrigo Mafra,
Reactions: pwsincd

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when u say upgrade is it to the latest firmware or should i get a fw off the net.
If you plan on installing Haxchi or CBHC, you can go ahead and update to the latest version (5.5.2).

If you don't want to purchase a DS VC game for Haxchi/CBHC, then you want to update to 5.5.1 following this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/updating-to-5-5-1-or-5-5-2-from-lower-versions.478867/

Most backup games don't require CFW to run, so for a lot of people, there's no real need for Haxchi/CBHC. It all depends on your specific needs.

Last edited by Lacius,

lizm hagon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yea cool. i am updating now. do u have a good guide to follow on installing the cfw. is there a process i should follow for getting game from eshop or is it just download as normal

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
just buy brain age from the wiiu store, you need to buy it no cheating it or else it doesnt work i say brain age if you dont own a ds Vc game already, then just cbhc it and your good.

lizm hagon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yea just finished it all lol. now trying to work out how to get the games onto it lol
im using an external drive for installtion but only way i can see is transfer to sd card 1st and install to drive but my problem at the mo is i only have a small sized sd card lol

Joyer7319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea just finished it all lol. now trying to work out how to get the games onto it lol
im using an external drive for installtion but only way i can see is transfer to sd card 1st and install to drive but my problem at the mo is i only have a small sized sd card lol
Yes, that's how I do it. Sd to usb hdd with wupinstaller gx2.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the largest wii u game is around 25GBs. there was a list of largest games on the system somewhere on the boards.

Rodrigo Mafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do not forget to do a nand backup, you never know when something can go wrong. For this you will also need a bigger sd, at least 16gb for a 8gb Wii U, or at least 64gb for a 32gb Wii U

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1