need advice on wii u problem

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by GodlikeStatus, Nov 12, 2016.

1. GodlikeStatus
    OP

GodlikeStatus Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2016
    hi guys long time lurker
    now all of these new exploits and hacks have come to gbatemp i was wondering if anyone could help me and the problem i am facing

i have a Eur wii u 32gb and a ntsc(usa) gamepad and obv because of stock firmware they wont communicate with each other
    are they anything available that could help me sort this problem
    i also could get a loan of another gamepad that is Euro but is not mine
    any help appreciated
    i would even consider paying for a program

2. GodlikeStatus
    OP

GodlikeStatus Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2016
    anyone ? would make a 7 yr old very happy

3. GodlikeStatus
    OP

GodlikeStatus Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2016
    80 views and not one comment cmon guys thought this was a comunitey

4. Net-KILLER

Net-KILLER computer says no

Oct 22, 2009
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    in a pineapple under the sea
    Give it some time.
    You can't force people to post an answer.

5. fenderjaguar

fenderjaguar GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2015
    Can't help unfortunately. But your problem highlights why these hacks must legitimately exist in the first place. The fact a US gamepad won't work with a EUR console is real dirty practice. I had to physically mod my EUR SNES a couple of months ago, because I couldn't use a Japanese Super Famicom pad with it. So Nintendo have been doing this shady stuff for decades

6. NexoCube

NexoCube stop using piracy :(

Nov 3, 2015
    France
    Stack Pointer
    Can you access to the web browser ?

7. GodlikeStatus
    OP

GodlikeStatus Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2016
    not unless i use pal gamepad
    it says somthing like diffrent region otherwise

8. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    You will never get the ntsc game pad to work because the frequency used to transmit the image from wiiu to game pad is different on a European and ntsc wiiu this is because you cannot transmit on the same frequency all around the world, because some frequencies are reserved for other stuff in other countries.

9. JimmyZ

JimmyZ Sarcastic Troll

Apr 2, 2009
    Zimbabwe
    I would suggest you summarize your question in the title, then you won't have that many views in the first place.

10. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    If you really wanna make the 7 yr old happy then buy a pal gamepad

fatsquirrel and Marko76 like this.
  11. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    He has to buy a euro one lol because like I said the ntsc one will never work due to it using a different frequency than the euro wiiu console. The big question is why would you buy a ntsc game pad without checking it would work first as this is a known problem that has been talked about many times since the wiiu first came out.

12. GodlikeStatus
    OP

GodlikeStatus Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2016
    there are detachable modules in that case ? that i could swap out like wireless BT etc???

13. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    That could in theory work but I have not found any evidence on the web of anyone doing that and you would have the problem of the actual firmware on that gamepad also being configured for ntsc so you would need a way to fix that also. Do you have a broken euro gamepad?? And if so what is wrong with it.

Last edited by Marko76, Nov 12, 2016
  14. GodlikeStatus
    OP

GodlikeStatus Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2016
    i do have a broken one one of the tiny clips came off it

15. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    OSv10 v15702
    I thought the Wii U communicated with the GamePad using a modified 5GHz Wi-Fi beam. In all regions.

GodlikeStatus likes this.
  16. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    You are right in saying that it uses modified 5G but 5G just like 3G used by mobile phones sends the signal through various frequencies the frequency used can vary from region to region and sometimes from country to country. The frequency used by Nintendo for the wiiu gamepad in America/Japan was already being used by another device in Europe so could not be used as the wiiu and other divice if they were in the same home would be using the same frequency and would conflict with each other

17. GodlikeStatus
    OP

GodlikeStatus Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2016
    ????
    can you prove this as one persons word is no good to me
    it was the same with rednand bricking etc so we need definitive proof please
    i honestly think its jst a diffrent lock in place in all my years of working with consoles etc ive never heard of magic beams locking down anything lmao tbh sounds like a load of shite

Last edited by GodlikeStatus, Nov 12, 2016
  18. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Info on 5g spectrums https://5g.co.uk/guides/5g-frequencies-in-the-uk-what-you-need-to-know/ http://telecoms.com/472510/ofcom-wants-to-free-up-more-5-ghz-spectrum-for-uk-wifi/ the wiiu controller is only set to use one frequency and the frequency used in America is different to the one used in Europe as that frequency is already being used in Europe. But that will be the last thing I post on this as after your last post I have zero interest in helping you anymore

19. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    Em, you could also go an buy a new or used gamepad? Its not like you are going to break a bank...

20. KevinX8

KevinX8 Proud user of The Dark Theme

May 12, 2016
    Down there
    please stop confusing 5G with 5Ghz wifi, ghz= gigahertz and is the frequency its transmitted at like most convential routers still broadcast at 2.4ghz. 5G= fifth generation mobile data connection technology, like LTE was the 4th generation of mobile data

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also, a solution has been found but not tested https://gbatemp.net/threads/regionhax-how-to-get-regionfree-on-wiiu.448468/page-5#post-6827713 try this on a rednand at your own risk