Hacking Need advice on new PS Vita setup and activation

Outlawbiker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I just got a hell of a deal on a new Borderlands 2 Bundle (OFW 3.60) and couldn't pass on the chance to mess around with something new. I've never owned or messed with a PS vita before and I haven't even opened the box yet.

How do I activate the vita without updating the firmware? I do have a PS3 and PS4,and seen a method with the PS3,but its a couple of months old and don't know if anything has changed,also there is a lot of malicious stuff out there to brick peoples vita, I'm just trying to be careful.

Also any recommendations of were to start after activation?

Thank you for any help.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Activating via PS3 is still the only method of activating, and it hasn't been "disabled" yet or anything like that so you should be good there.

Make sure you follow this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-t...-check-here-first.403035/#Lower_FW_Activation and everything should be fine. If you want to use Adrenaline, it's suggested to use a PSP demo as the transfer game so you can also install Adrenaline and gain access to PSP ISO loading.

Outlawbiker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you very much, ive seen your posts here, your very knowledgeable on this stuff.

stupid me,Ive been thru that tutorial before, but because it said on a "lower firmware" i assumed it was for everything below 3.60. I was thinking that 3.60 was somehow different. anyways, I understand now.

Id rather ask you while im here than brick my device by following a "outside source",but ive seen a youtube video on enabling spoofing to 3.63 (even tho spoofing is broken) and it can enable remote play on PS4. Is there any truth to that?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
PS4 link only works over local connections for now, and you don't really need to spoof for it anymore with Henkaku's update server.

To avoid the update notification, setup this custom DNS: wololo.net/2016/12/03/henkaku-update-server-easy-way-update-ps-vita-fw-3-60/ and then when you go to connect to your PS4 (locally) you should be able to connect just fine.

Just be aware that your Vita does have to be activated with the same account as the PS4 for this to work, so make sure you activate with the PS3 first.

Outlawbiker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, am i going to hit a snag with the borderlands 2 download that came in my bundle? am i able to download the game? i think its a download voucher in the box. After Henkaku am i going to loose access to PSN/Playstation store on the vita? Just thinking of what roadblocks i may hit, maybe i can avoid them if possible?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
There's no PSN access on 3.60, Henkaku or no, anymore as Sony broke the PSN spoofing method we had previously, so you won't be able to download any game directly on your Vita nor will you be able to access any PSN online features (like trophy syncing and such).

You can download Vita games on your PS3 and, using that same method to activate in the link above, transfer it to your Vita.

Henkaku lets you play Vita backups though, so it's not really a big issue since you can just "acquire" most games :P

Outlawbiker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can redeem the voucher on my PS3 and it will let me download the game to my PS3,then I can move it to the vita with the method mentioned? Just want to be clear, because ive never owned a PSP/PS vita I didn't know that could be done thru a PS3. Im sure over the years Ive heard something about it or glazed over it,but because it did not pertain to me I never thought about it.Kinda messed up that I own a PS3 and after all these years I dont know things it can or cant do,lol.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if you could just use a free demo, wouldn't it be better to us a game (If you own one on PS store) For the system instead so you don't have a useless game there?

I mean i know is to use adrenaline which is the goal, but if you have a game on ps store that you actually like playing and used it, you don't have space wasted for a useless game. I did that with street fighter alpha 3 max since i had bought it on sale for like $5 which i actually would play than a demo which i don't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@