Need a new Mp3 Player

blade85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, ill prob end up getting that samsung k3 or some sony one

I would get a iriver clix but i cant find any places to buy it anywhere near me.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, ill prob end up getting that samsung k3 or some sony one

I would get a iriver clix but i cant find any places to buy it anywhere near me.

Check out the mistic river site. They have a store set up now, and their forums have everything you never needed to know about the Clix, Clix-2, etc.

Misticriver

Ironically, when I was looking for a new mp3, I didn't buy a Sandisk Sansa because of their "new" "proprietary" external memory format. Now I have at least 10 microSD cards, and I wish my Clix had more room or was expandable.

You never know how much you don't know.

mcsquared

Trophies
XP
Country
ive got a sony nwa3000 - dont bother, looks nice, sounds great, battery lasts forever and its 99quid on play.com at the minute BUT pc software is shit, software on machine is shit and the HD in mine has packed in after 13months grrr now when i copy albums over i get 'error' on half the songs and no matter how many times i delete them and try again they wont play!

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Third'd iPod nano! $200 will get you a 4GB 2nd gen nano!

Now I gotta say I wasn't a huge iPod fan before.... but a while back I picked up a 2GB ipod nano 2nd gen on the cheap, with the intention of selling it on, but I never got round to that, because... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

Funnily I didn't like it at first but now I couldn't go back to using my other MP3 players: instant start up, 24hr battery life, very bright screen, great sound quality, great interface and easy to navigate songs, you can view lyrics and album art, rate songs and heck you can even play games on the thing. Not to mention it's tiny!

Downsides? iTunes is the biggest piece of crap on the planet - thankfully you don't have to use it, I use mediamonkey which is awesome! The case being metal is prone to scratches if you're not careful. An FM tuner would have been nice. And the only other thing is that they're expensive (but worth it!).

smile.gif

7llusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Well I'm not that much into ipods, everybody has them, you should try getting something else to be different such as an iriver clix or the samsung I previously posted.
Illusion

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I'm not that much into ipods, everybody has them, you should try getting something else to be different
Buying something to be different is just as bad as buying an iPod because they're popular. Need a better reason than that (don't worry, there are plenty
biggrin.gif
)

Blade: This thread's a mess of recomendations for teeny 2GB player vs 30GB monsters. Deciding how much space you want on it first (minimum) and having a vauge idea of what's important to you for it to do will really narrow down the choices and make it easier for people to suggest stuff.
smile.gif

As a side note I see lot of the people using the pro-iPod argument of "I owned other players, hated them, then brought an iPod and it's awesome". Don't forget they are comparing their newer iPod to old hardware (zomg, Nomad?!), not current generation models from the other companies. Just a thought.

On the other side of the fence iPod's are far easier to buy accessories for, especially cases because of the sheer range of choice.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I recommend you
http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1450
or
http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1453

Small and they have a SD card slot
smile.gif
only $8 or the Second $12
Btw. i use an Ipod Nano my self but i bought it for IpodLinux its tooo cool i can play Pokemon Red on my Ipod

Also Creative Zen V is very good:
-Mp3
-Mp4!!!
-Fm Radio(Only on the special edition or something but i think they only sell the special edition)
-Various Picture Formats

And it small and it uses an simple joystick
Its a nice device

blade85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im probably gonna get a K3 like illusion posted

If there are any other good mp3 players that i should get post them lol

2-4Gb, less than $200, not too big, and it has to look good

I dont really like the new clix though, they made it look all smooth and kinda ugly, the old clix looked better.

I want some iriver product but then i cannot find any stores around me that sell iriver. I could order it online but whenever i buy mp3 players, i like to hold it in my hand and see how it feels and how it works before i buy it, so ordering online is out of the question -.-

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't want a phone as a main MP3 player. I use my player a lot so I'd be worried about draining the phone battery, not to mention a dedicated player does the job far better. (funnily enough I own a walkman phone, that's just not what I brought it for
biggrin.gif
)

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Im probably gonna get a K3 like illusion posted

If there are any other good mp3 players that i should get post them lol

2-4Gb, less than $200, not too big, and it has to look good

For 50 bucks more you can get a 30Gb iPod video, *insert flame here*, It's a great player if you know how to use it.
*a little more flame here*

blade85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, but i dont really need an ipod video, i only plan on using it to listen to music on it lol -.-

and the zune/ipod video is kinda big

Timo710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, iPods are expensive like hell, I can call myselfe lucky for fetchin' myselfe a zune for only €220,- (opposed to the iPod Video which costs 250 here) But yeah, If you don't want a lot of memory, just go with a smaller player. You can get a fake iPod Shuffle with 2 GB on the internet....

And its teh coolness cuz its black!

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
>_< I get my brand new 30Gb Black iPod video for $200 on a internet auction
tongue.gif
If you only want it for music, you can use your cell phone or your DS and save some bucks, I use both.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina