Country
well i have tried everything to make mines crash and it does not do it:-p
yaynds.gif

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dammit, now I'm afraid to go out and waste my money on a legit version that might freeze anyway, especially since most game stores don't give cash refunds for opened new games. Someone with a perfect legit version and an M3 should dump it, if that exists, at least
frown.gif

Noah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Those with good dumps...would you be able to tell us where you got the rom from and if you could upload it somewhere?

Thanks

Pretty sure no one has a "good" dump right now.

From what I've gathered in this article, the flash carts that freeze the most are the older ones. The newer carts (like those that were designed specifically for the DS Lite) are faster, and are less prone to freezing.

The people suffering most of all appear to be SuperCard users. This doesn't mean that other users aren't experiencing the same problem.

I'd like to think that since this problem is happening with LEGIT copies too, that there is the possibility for someone to do a good dump from a cart that is perfect. But there isn't enough information out there right now. All ANYONE seems to know at this point is that it's freezing for a lot of people. There is no known good fix. If yours doesn't freeze, consider yourself lucky.

My brother went almost a full day without his freezing on a Supercard Lite, but he started to get freezes eventually. He's had 5 freezes total, and he's been playing it since it was released on Wednesday. Me on the other hard, I have an older Supercard Mini, and mine freezes at least 50% of the time I go into a menu of any sort.

We really need to organize the KNOWN information about this issue, because there isn't a lot of confirmed info, and there are a LOT of rumors flying around.

rane_

Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't get any freezes with my M3 perfect lite until after like 2 hours when switching location with teleport. Trying without software reset and trim rom now.

grisser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dammit, now I'm afraid to go out and waste my money on a legit version that might freeze anyway, especially since most game stores don't give cash refunds for opened new games. Someone with a perfect legit version and an M3 should dump it, if that exists, at least
frown.gif

There are no freezing in the retail version as far as I know. Reading the msgboards here and there. So it's just the flashcart that's the problem

I doubt the rom is a bad dump
smile.gif

rhfb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I knew how to dump it, I'd do it for you guys, but seriously I think it is something with the emulation, not the rom. My legit copy works 100% no issues.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Works perfectly for me, M3 Lite with a Sandisk 1G microSD card.

Same for me, gonna try on supercard lite now with same sandisk.

Spoke too soon mine locks up now on m3 lite with sandisk 1G. Have still not tried on supercard lite, gonna check through this thread again see if its working.
I really think this is a bad dump as the jap rls was fine? Someone should rent it and redump it. Not like the release group is well known it could easily have something wrong with it. It's still not out here or I'd buy it even though I have 4x LTD editions on the way!

Blocko

Trophies
XP
Country
We really need to organize the KNOWN information about this issue, because there isn't a lot of confirmed info, and there are a LOT of rumors flying around.

This is taken from the scdev forum about what is KNOWN to happen with this game and the Supercards:
Joey RavnTo sum up:

About the rom and the flashcard themselves:
- It seems to run flawlessly in most microSD cards. Thus, SuperCard Lite users don't have as many problems as normal (mini)SD SuperCard users.
- It doesn't work on most cards either. Be it G6, M3, slot1 cards (DSX, DSL...).
- The (J) version is stated to be working, at least, better than the (US) version. As we don't have the (EU) version yet, we cannot cross-check it with all three versions.
- Setting the cluster configuration to 64KB seems to get along with the game better than lesser partitions, but it's not a conclusive solution, as most testers of this method didn't make the game fully playable.

About crashes:
-This game seems to crash when: you pause the game, then quit the menu; use the TALK option (comes back with a black screen with BGM); talk to "Wind", enter the first "potrait" (teleporting) area.
-This game seems to have limited functionality in: accessing the menu (you're not always able to do so), saving then resuming.

Possible causes:
-Patching software: Probably not, as Shinster pointed out, some slot1 options with drag and drop compatibility (no patching at all) or other slot2 cards (like M3 with other patching software) have problems with the game.
-microSD/ (mini)SD cluster size/partition/formating/speed: Again, this isn't probably it. Several people tried, including myself, to reformat a high speed card (+ x40, mine is x80) miniSD card with 64KB cluster in FAT format. Or, what's more, tried with +x150 cards, and still no luck at all. Something REALLY different between micro and mini/SD cards that makes the first play the game flawlessly while the second is not even able to access the menu, maybe? We would need some more info on this, but still, doesn't resolve why it doesn't work on slot1 cards.

I think it sums it up pretty well. If I'm skipping something, please tell me and I'll add it. It's nice to have a resumé, just to check out what we've done and what we could do Smile

I hope this helps anybody at all to get closer to a working patch for this game. Only being able to play the first 10 mins before it crashes is such a tease.

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States

This is taken from the scdev forum about what is KNOWN to happen with this game and the Supercards:
Joey Ravn said:
To sum up:

About the rom and the flashcard themselves:
- It seems to run flawlessly in most microSD cards. Thus, SuperCard Lite users don't have as many problems as normal (mini)SD SuperCard users.
- It doesn't work on most cards either. Be it G6, M3, slot1 cards (DSX, DSL...).
- The (J) version is stated to be working, at least, better than the (US) version. As we don't have the (EU) version yet, we cannot cross-check it with all three versions.
- Setting the cluster configuration to 64KB seems to get along with the game better than lesser partitions, but it's not a conclusive solution, as most testers of this method didn't make the game fully playable.

About crashes:
-This game seems to crash when: you pause the game, then quit the menu; use the TALK option (comes back with a black screen with BGM); talk to "Wind", enter the first "potrait" (teleporting) area.
-This game seems to have limited functionality in: accessing the menu (you're not always able to do so), saving then resuming.

Possible causes:
-Patching software: Probably not, as Shinster pointed out, some slot1 options with drag and drop compatibility (no patching at all) or other slot2 cards (like M3 with other patching software) have problems with the game.
-microSD/ (mini)SD cluster size/partition/formating/speed: Again, this isn't probably it. Several people tried, including myself, to reformat a high speed card (+ x40, mine is x80) miniSD card with 64KB cluster in FAT format. Or, what's more, tried with +x150 cards, and still no luck at all. Something REALLY different between micro and mini/SD cards that makes the first play the game flawlessly while the second is not even able to access the menu, maybe? We would need some more info on this, but still, doesn't resolve why it doesn't work on slot1 cards.

I think it sums it up pretty well. If I'm skipping something, please tell me and I'll add it. It's nice to have a resumé, just to check out what we've done and what we could do Smile

I hope this helps anybody at all to get closer to a working patch for this game. Only being able to play the first 10 mins before it crashes is such a tease.

Wow, you guys could have cured cancer with all of the time and effort you put forth to play a $35 NDS game.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Works fine on my SC-mini, although this is one game I could care less about.
But my friend has been playing for over an hour, man this looks & plays like
them old 80’s platformers on the SNES, stiff animation & bad level design.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As far as I can tell it's working pretty much flawless on my g6. There are some slow downs if I spam a spell when there are 20 zombies on the screen and I think there was one time a voice over played twice consecutively. Played about 5 hours yesterday and about another 4-5 today straight with no real big problems.

DoFat R/W, everything else at the default.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
SC-CF +Kingston Elite Pro 2GB = faultless (mephew is on third painting and not one freeze)

SC with standard Kingston 1GB = rare freezing when defeated in a boss battle (about 1 out of 10 times it will black screen, instead of game over screen and once in a transporter room).. but it's still well playable, since the crash is so rare.

The read speeds of those 2 mem cards is near identical (obviously the Elite pro has much faster writing, but that would't be the issue) ... so it has to be down to access speed.

Kingston Elite Pro CF= 1.0 m/s (never crahes)
Kingston Standard CF (very old one)=1.6 m/s (very rare crashing)

SC-CF for the winner
wink.gif

edit.. note rom was patched on both with 2.56 client software with ..restart=off trim=on fastergameplay=on patchcartridegeaccess=on

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it