Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Few problems so far with G6 Lite:

Good news is the game loads fine on Safe Mode. Trim ROM doesn't seem to affect anything negatively. Regardless of how the game is written to the cart (Safe Mode, DoFAT w/ R/W, etc.), the game freezes up when:

- The game saves data.
- Interface is switched to Klingon language
- Upgrades, awards, unlockables, etc. are received.

The freezing is accompanied by a high-pitched screeching, so turn down your volume while testing thisÂ
wacko.gif

I confirm the exact same problems with G6 ver 4.6a. When I try to save the game freezes and a loud beep. I haven't gotten to the other points yet. The game save is there when I go back in so it does save. Looks like we need another G6 update...

Vidikron

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Too bad the stupid Enterprise show had to be so bad and ruin the future of Star Trek TV shows. Now all that is left is the upcoming movie with what's his face that everyone hates playing a young captain Kirk

The slow and painful death of the Star Trek series:
Star Trek: TOS [awesome]
Star Trek: TNG [awesome]
Star Trek: DS9 [slightly below awesome]
Star Trek: Voyager [okay]
Enterprise [craptastic]

Personally, I liked Voyager much more than DS9. DS9 went against everything that makes Star Trek, Star Trek. They were on a freaking space station instead of out exploring the galaxy in a starship. Lame, IMO. It bored the hell out of me.

gbtemp111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Voyager for me was the best series, since it was with that one that I got into Star Trek. DS9 at first I didn't like much, but turned to liking it as I watched it a bit more. Definitely not a typical Star Trek, but it was pretty solid. NG I like, too, and even enjoyed it a bit here and there when I was really young.
Now Enterprise...what's with all the hate? I thought it was OK, and watched most of season 1 & 2, but got real busy with school and all and had no time for tv afterwards. Just when I was getting back to watching it, they cancelled it :'(

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with Enterprise?

A) It's got Scott Bakula playing the captain.
B) Like, the first episode in, the female vulcan shows emotion and decides to make out with the captain in a steamy shower scene...that's the exact opposite of a vulcan.
C) About 5 episodes in some guy grows a third nipple, and that's the plot for the episode.

I stopped watching after that episode.

jlo mein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm up to mission 9 on the Federation Campaign for the PSP version of this game. Very fun and entertaining once I got the hang of shield recharging (game is incredibly hard without it). For PSP, controls are very intuitive and simple, and the widescreen certainly helps on the linear space battlefield.

Perhaps soon I will give the DS version a try for kicks.

gbtemp111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
haha, i barely remember all of that. besides the captain and extra twists, the series\plot wasn't bad.

What's wrong with Enterprise?

A) It's got Scott Bakula playing the captain.
B) Like, the first episode in, the female vulcan shows emotion and decides to make out with the captain in a steamy shower scene...that's the exact opposite of a vulcan.
C) About 5 episodes in some guy grows a third nipple, and that's the plot for the episode.

I stopped watching after that episode.

furyoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Temporal cold war? I'd wished they go back in time and stop the series from being made in the first place. TNG will always be the best. Berman and Braga destroyed Star Trek.

AOforever1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a 14 year old with that attitude for all things Star Trek. I gave up trying to get him to "see the light" about the original series. To him, its just stupid looking and old. Its not anime, and there's no special effects worth a damn, so to him its pointless.

I guess I felt the same way about the really old Flash Gordon shows and sci-fi B-movies when I was my kid's age ... my dad would go on and on about walking to the theatre on Saturdays to pay a nickel and watch Flash Gordon. yawn.

I just can't wait till my boy's 35 or 40 and trying to convince his kid that Full Metal Alchemist is the bomb. I'm gonna LMAO when my grandson tells him that's for old farts.
I'm both a star trek and anime fan
smile.gif
and I'm 19
I don't do flash gordon though...

killer23d

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game freeze somewhere during game play on M3.

I think one of the better Star Trek game is Bridge Commander. Just wait for Legacy to come out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?