Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yay! Oh and the game is *definately* an overdump... are there any programs out there to fix this and trim it down? By that I don't mean like the trim option on the supercard patcher but a program to just fix the overdumped .nds file.

p.s If someone awesome could translate the options menu that'd be awesome too... text is so slow. >_>

=)

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Save type on this one is also wrong
biggrin.gif

See http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=374...ndpost&p=482886 for the correct save type

zatelli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Yay! Oh and the game is *definately* an overdump... are there any programs out there to fix this and trim it down? By that I don't mean like the trim option on the supercard patcher but a program to just fix the overdumped .nds file.

p.s If someone awesome could translate the options menu that'd be awesome too... text is so slow. >_>

=)

Well I've tried both trimming using Cygnus Hex Editor & GBATA (just make sure you rename the rom to .gba before processing it), both method should work trimmed size is about 468 Mb which is much better than the fat 1024 Mb rom.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

=)
Just grab any random Hex-Editor and cut everything from 0x4000000 to 0x7FFFFFF

And the Options menu should be:

Text Speed - Slow, Medium, Fast
Battle Animations - On, Off
Battle Style - Switch, Set
No idea
Button Style - Nothing, START=X, L=A
Text Border
Quit options menu

If you quit the menu with the B-Button it discards changes, so close the menu with the last option!

Now, what the heck am I supposed to do in the third city? (Big one with four exits)
The left exit is blocked by some random person, the top one leads to a cave I need Rock Smash in, the bottom I came from, and the left leads to some pond to fish in.
Nevermind, got it.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium

=)

Well I've tried both trimming using Cygnus Hex Editor & GBATA (just make sure you rename the rom to .gba before processing it), both method should work trimmed size is about 468 Mb which is much better than the fat 1024 Mb rom.

Use NDSTOOL

Unpack the rom and repack

then the rom is 61mb in size, run it throu the supercard software with trim on to get it even a tiny wienie smaller
biggrin.gif

Ow

For EWIN2 users!

It doesn't work on it :/

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
on your G6 tick force Normal R/W, no trim , that's it.
Is it just me or is the intro a little slow booting up? Have fun guys
grog.gif
Â
grog.gif

Works fine on my G6 over here with same settings. Yea, I also noticed the intro was a tad slow. So is the character animation when he's going up/down stairs.

D

Deleted User

Supercard SD users can also use the Trim Rom option. (It cuts it in half and still works. )

noochoss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no trouble with playing this game with my M3 at all, yet I have found a strange issue with the actual game save. I orignally started playing Diamond because it was the first of the two roms that I downloaded. About one hour into Diamond, I had decided to load up Pearl and just made a new game.

Something strange happened when I played Pearl. It had the same savegame as Diamond. Now with the M3 it should have created a different game save .dat file for the new rom. It had, but at the same time, Pearl was loading up the game from Diamond. (??!!)

Now it seems I have managed to get a persistent save game with either Diamond or Pearl. I'm trying to get rid of this, but I can't make a new save.

Regarding the M3, I know about how it will store the last played gamesave until you reboot the DS. So after rebooting the DS and making use the the M3 had written the gamesave to the SD card, I proceded to delete that save and start up Pearl again to see it nice and empty. It didn't happen, my character and save were still there.

A list of things I have tried to remove this gamesave have been,

Format of SD card.
Booting the M3 with a different SD card with only one rom (Pearl) and an additional blank saver created via the game manager.
Using the game manager to write the games to the formatted card once again (both Diamond and Pearl, which should have and do have individual save files). Upon loading either Diamond or Pearl, the same save file still exists.
Renaming the roms before writing them to the SD card to create a unique save file.
Updating the M3 with updagcsd.e28 firmware, downloaded from the M3 website, again.
Installing the M3 game manager, again.(for no real reason).
Removing battery from NDS to clear saved data from the actual handheld itself.
Starting either Diamond or Pearl again, and using the Report menu item to save the game again will not work.
Loading the orignal stuffed up save file and using the Report menu item will save the game, but after rebooting the NDS and loading either Diamond or Pearl it gives an error message about 'not loading the report, and will read the previous report'.

Any ideas? Or, other people with M3's, what happens when you load up the different version rom to yours, does the gamesave show up in the main menu? Whats up with my M3 here.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sounds very strange... M3 does keep the save in battery until next reboot, right? Maybe it's just confused by the fact that there are two games that are very similiar internally? No idea.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone gonna post some pictures for everyone?
Atleast a link to the pages with.
What I want to know is if the fighting is all 3D now, or if its just the same old same old with just two graphics for each pokemon and all they do is shake and polsate to fight. With the occasional bland over used special effect.
Thoguh sure the game has to hold alot of data for all the differnt pokemon creatures.
But I wont accept any game that doesnt have all the Evee evolutions.
Never really liked new ones they keep making.

So hows the touch control in this game?
Plus what 3D effects does it have (if not atleast the fighting scenes)

Oh and what about clock features?
I really wanna see that make a return. Thats what made the second gen games so good. RTC features was fun.

larvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serebii.net is probably one of the better sites to get more information including screen shots:
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/

The graphics have been enhance, but nothing ground breaking, real time clock is back run off of the DS clock. I haven't tried the stylus controls so I'm not sure if they add anything. The mechanics of the story mode so far hasn't strayed very far from what has been in past games which is a good thing if you are looking for more of the same, a bad thing if you were expecting something revolutionary.

To me and to a lot of others the big deal about a new generation of pokemon games are the new pokemon/type combinations/moves/mechanics/etc that it brings and the strategic depth that adds to the already very complex battling system. I will be buying copies of the English version as soon as it hits the shelves.

gtfoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any emu working with these games?
If there is please post here, with the right settings or what you need to work it
happy.gif

thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16