^^ndstitle-1169^^

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you done the barrel-sorting game?

Has the alarm gone off yet?

If neither of those has happened, then you clearly haven;t been through the "whole thing".

Once the alarm has gone off, you'll be able to get through the unopenable gate; after that, the guy blocking the door will move.

VeggieH8R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
At what point does the alarm go off? Yes I have done the barrel sorting game.

EDIT: nevermind after speaking to the sleeping pirates again one of them gave me a bandana and the alarm went off.

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: nevermind after speaking to the sleeping pirates again one of them gave me a bandana and the alarm went off.
Number one rule of RPGs, especially if they're in a different language - if you can't find anything to do, talk to everyone again.

The cause of the alarm is quite funny. Also, next time you return home after beating that boss, there's a surprise waiting for you.

VeggieH8R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
home after beating that boss, there's a surprise waiting for you.

You're telling me? My tower sank one level for some reason an i had to pay to bring it up again. But you were talking about the dog, i take it. i'm actually going to stop playing at this point. Hardgay took all my money. then i was killed by something after and realized i han't saved for like a half hour. Ahh well. I'll wait for the localization, if ever.

And that 2nd boss was awesome. Throwing it back to the old school punchout.

groundbeef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Then bring it to the guy in the third area whos just laying on the ground next to a skullstatue, dont talk to him, just throw the bottle with the new recipe on his head and he'll start licking his face and then he will give you access to the statue which opens the huge door in the third area which then leads to the next dungeon. Atleast I think it's a dungeon.
tongue.gif

THANK YOU!
bow.gif
Ive been stuck on this all day. Knew the coffee shop lady's potion had to be good for something since you cant sell it...

Anyway, boy am i glad i found a forum with ppl actually playing the game. If quality holds up, and its been great fun so far, this could end up being my favorite ds game, and i dont speak japanese at all! Great art and tongue in cheek sense of humour. Hard gay is hilarious! This game reminds me of a mix between leisure suit larry and toejam & earl. Highly recommend ppl give it a chance... it WILL charm you.

Questions i would love answered once someone figures them out:

What are the ghost people for?

Are the goons good for anything other than fighting (ie. special skills)?

Sunbather / fisherman / guy in innertube: What do i do with them?

I met the dog but it ran away after i gave it only 1 bone. Did i fuck up and lose the dog forever?

What is the water fountain in the market good for? I paid 90 to get it to keep flowing, but it still asks for money when i talk to it. Anyone unlocked its use yet?

D

delfino

hi all

what do i need to do the potion for sick man on third island?
how many oranges - tomatoes?
How to cook these?

thx

VeggieH8R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I said I quit I was lying. I just finished the 5th island now i'm trying to make enough dough to make the tower grow. 15000 didn't cut it.

And i now have a Yakuza bodyguard. He's exactly like the warrior princess except he doesn't attack everything on sight (a must in the 3rd dungeon) and he looks mad cool.

D

delfino

nobody can help me ?
i just need help to make green potion with oranges and tomatoes but i don't know how many ingredients put inside?

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nobody can help me ?
i just need help to make green potion with oranges and tomatoes but i don't know how many ingredients put inside?

Three oranges, two tomatoes. Buy the recipe from the coffee stand lady if you want to make more than one at a time.
How the heck are you guys playing this? Its just total Jap.

Do I need to be a bender to understand it?

Bender? What?

As for understanding it: Largely guesswork.
QUOTE(VeggieH8R @ Sep 5 2006, 08:09 AM)And i now have a Yakuza bodyguard. He's exactly like the warrior princess except he doesn't attack everything on sight (a must in the 3rd dungeon) and he looks mad cool.
I hired Mighty Man. (The superhero-looking guy. His name is actually "Mighty Man" in katakana.) He has the same power levels as the crazy looking dude with the drum and the fat mean dude with the club, but he doesn't auto-attack, except when you're being attacked.

How many tries did it take you to get the old guy through the maze of bugs? That part was seriously, seriously a pain in the ass.

Also, how much did you have to pay to get into the tree dungeon?

VeggieH8R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How many tries did it take you to get the old guy through the maze of bugs? That part was seriously, seriously a pain in the ass.

Also, how much did you have to pay to get into the tree dungeon?

It took me two tries. If you tap and hold the support character you can lead him around. I just dodged all the bugs except the last one. What sucked was how much i had to pay him to get through the remainder of the map.

The tree dungeon costs 1500. If you need cash just make the new drink for the mustached guy. You can buy the recipie from the cafe girl for 800. Every drink you sell him is 230 i think. And it's easy to make, recipie is the same as the last drink only with 3 watermelons added and those are everywhere on the 5th island.

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the second dungeon (pirate dungeon), where am i supposed to push the barrel, or what do i need to do to advance?
One barrel or many? One barrel just needs to be moved to release the bug under it which you fight. Scour the room for more bugs, and you'll know when you've got 'em all.

For the many barrels game: Notice the reactions when you push barrels; some are heavy and some are light. Heavy (full) ones go to the left and light (empty) ones go to the right. Talk to the pirate skeleton when you finish.

groundbeef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One barrel or many? One barrel just needs to be moved to release the bug under it which you fight. Scour the room for more bugs, and you'll know when you've got 'em all.

Ah... so i have to kill all the bugs as well. I noticed the one hiding in the desk on the top left, but didnt realize another one hiding in the barrel. Thx.

groundbeef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dont know if anyone has figured this out yet, but apparently the hired goons DO have unique abilities beyond the fighting. Take the impish little bum guy with you into the pirate dungeon, and send him into the small holes you blow up with the bombs. He will pull a treasure chest out of each one. They were both souvenirs for your attic (like the poster from the first dungeon) so i dont know how useful they are, but it was neat nonetheless. If nothing else, its at least incentive to mess around with the different goons instead of just going with the tough ones.

Other thing i stumbled onto, feed the dog a bunch of bones at once, and he will run out and fetch you some money. Five bones usually gets around 25 rupees, so not too shabby...

Anyone else notice the paper ninja guy who hides out on each island? So much wackiness in this game... love it
smile.gif

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man, I really hope Nintendo brings this over to North American, Europe and Australasia. Tingle is my hero.

You know.. they should really have a Tingle and Wario crossover happen sometime.. I mean, how perfect would that be. They are both completely insane. They are both incredibly greedy. And they both have wicked 'staches.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No I said juicy that's jerky