NDSL disassembly/reassembly guide

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Please include information about handling the TOUCHSCREEN ribbon cable with pics aswell. I broke mine. Also its clip opens the OTHER way around as opposite to the other ribbon clips, and I almost broke the clip off the board trying to figure out why it wasn't unclasping. Ironically enough the opening direction is mentioned in troubleshooting, aka AFTER you've done the damage, not during disassembly. There are currently barely any guides out there that document the touchscreen cable in a disassembly process, though they all talk about the LCD ribbons so I don't see much anything new in this one.

raypou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just bought a broken-hinge DSL off ebay, and got a new case from DX. I'll be using this guide when everything comes in
smile.gif

Already did my Wii with a nice black case, it looks sexy

thieves like us

chaos personified
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Searinox said:
Please include information about handling the TOUCHSCREEN ribbon cable with pics aswell. Ironically enough the opening direction is mentioned in troubleshooting, aka AFTER you've done the damage, not during disassembly.
the reason that I didn't mention it is that there is no valid reason to disassemble the lower lcd panel from the pc board (and doing so doesn't save you anything).

as long as you remove the whole assembly as a single unit (which is pointed out in the guide
happy.gif
), there shouldn't be any issues.

don't worry, I'm taking everyone's comments into consideration and will probably add notes here and there to the guide once I finish taking the images this weekend. keep them coming.

rifflesby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thieves like us said:
the reason that I didn't mention it is that there is no valid reason to disassemble the lower lcd panel from the pc board (and doing so doesn't save you anything).
Sure there is: replacing the touchscreen. This guide is generally much nicer than the one I had when I tried to do that on my old DS, you might as well go for 100% completion.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Holt said:
oh alright . so far my best at finding these things are at Michael's ( well just for the hobby knife ) and Canadian Tire then =) but it's gonna be tough searching for those ..

and at DX , if i bought the Tri-Wing and Phillips screwdrives what size would the phillips be ? all i want to know is that the Phillips screw driver will fit and be used on the screws ! so yea is it a #00 one ? or another one ?

BLEH ! =( Thieves never replied ...

i'll just wait then ...

- Holt

thieves like us

chaos personified
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Holt said:
and at DX , if i bought the Tri-Wing and Phillips screwdrives what size would the phillips be ? all i want to know is that the Phillips screw driver will fit and be used on the screws ! so yea is it a #00 one ? or another one ?
I never replied because those parts are actually linked in the guide at the bottom all ready. why would I link to items in my own guide that didn't work? think about it.
lecture.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh xD you shoulda told me that ! but still now i have more curiosity if i should replace my DS case , sell it here then buy a new one or get it fixed by someone .

Which one of those 2 would you recomend to be better ? Can't choose . And since either would be great i won't be complaining ^^ With thieves review they are both awesome cases ! But which one would be more delicate ? The Clear Cased one or the Dragon one ? Would go with the better quality one( even though it will be in a case ! ) So yea which one is more recomended ?

IQue: Chinese Dragon Edition $18.96
Crystal Clear ( Crystal Clear ) $18.73

====================

and then the hobby knifes ...

Art Knife with Spare Blades ( 7 Pieces ) $3.07

or

Complete Art-work Knifes with Carrying Case (13-Piece Set) $4.99

would one of those be okay ? or is it better to get a branded one ?

====================

so yea sorry for all the questions . but i have to ask them for clarification !

- Holt

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quickly flicked through...

step 12: remove 2 philips screws (circled in magenta)

no magenta circles and only 2 visible screws - either remove the highlighting reference or highlight em
smile.gif

looks good but still too hard for me id imagine
smile.gif

thieves like us

chaos personified
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
science said:
Hey thieves, is that my DS?
laugh.gif
the one picture of the white ds lite with the slotted collar is. when I swapped cases for you, I took pictures which I used to write the guide. I then went back and re-took all of the pictures again to get "exactly" what I wanted to show in the guide.

thieves like us

chaos personified
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think I've got it just about complete with all of the images that I'm going to add. if anything still shows up as a missing image in the browser, please let me know and I'll remove the empty image tags.

voRia

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I want to thank you
smile.gif

This guide is simply perfect.

Oh, I noticed a broken link to 'c_51.jpg' photo. It exists on server, it's just a broken link.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-