NDS Top screen scratched.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Cracked egg, Feb 5, 2010.

Feb 5, 2010
  1. Cracked egg
    OP

Newcomer Cracked egg Member

United Kingdom
    Got an NDS with a scratched top screen (or so i thought)

ordered the screen and now looking at them both i think their is a lense/perspex shield over the top screen on the nds.

so before i take it all apart and fit the new screen (unless it isnt needed to replaced) can anyone confirm that maybe its just the screen cover on the NDS shell that is damaged?

im pretty sure myself as the screen still fully works, so i could be possibly looking for a new shell instead of the screen.

so the question im asking i think is, does the top screen have a cover over it to protect it on the nds shell? if so then its new shell i will need and not the screen replacement.

2. Lee79

Member Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

United Kingdom
    yes it does have a cover over it.

forward the video to 8.00 mins

So yeah you would get one with a new shell, not sure if you can buy them separately maybe someone else will know.

3. Azlan Uchiha

Member Azlan Uchiha GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Wow....Mines The Top Screen is Not On...I think it have to do with the top screen long thing which is attached to the bottom part of the DS..i will fix it as soon as i get the correct screwdriver [​IMG]

4. Cracked egg
    OP

Newcomer Cracked egg Member

United Kingdom

Nice one.

looks like i dont need the screen ive bought then!

anyone want to swop a shell for a replacement top screen?

5. Lee79

Member Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

United Kingdom
    You can order a new shell from Dealextreme they don't cost alot. I just ordered one and a Trigram/Triwing screwdriver set and a new hinge and it cost me £13 delivered. You might aswell do a full shell change to a new style you like and at least you know if you mess up and damage the ribbon cable (which alot of people do) you already have a spare just in case. Supermodchip's channel on Youtube has a very good video guide to changing the shell/case.