NDS Internet Browser?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by racer123246, Feb 19, 2009.

Feb 19, 2009

NDS Internet Browser? by racer123246 at 10:19 PM (1,875 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. racer123246
    OP

Newcomer racer123246 Newbie

United States
    I'm new to this website and really don't understand any of the code-names. I was wondering is there is an internet browser for my DS Lite that requires no software like the official one with the usb by nintendo or a random card like RD4 or something like that. Just need a plain, simple, internet browser I can download to my computer and put onto my DS. If anyone can help, that would be great. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    If you don't have a flash cartridge, where exactly do you plan to store the browser you've downloaded? And how are you going to connect your DS to the PC to put it on there?

Simply put, you have two options. Buy the official browser, or buy a homebrew device. If you get a homebrew device, you'd want a slot-1 device to run a few of the homebrew web browsers and an additional slot-2 expansion pack with RAM to run the rest.

3. racer123246
    OP

United States
    Ok, some so will I just get a catridge that is like a memory thing and connects to my pc and load the program on it, right? If not, I just buy the official, install it, and the computer does the rest? Like will I install the software and select my internet and i'm set? Sorry for using so many question marks, I feel as if they're questions.

4. Firedrake1

Member Firedrake1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You will need 2 things.
    1. you need something to run the browser from
    2. you need RAM for the program to run

There are a lot of options out there so i do not intend to go over all of them. What i would advise is buying a Slot-1 solution like the M3DS Real and then buying a slot-2 solution like the M3 GBA Ram pack. You can buy these bundled together. It's what I did.

5. blanco613

Member blanco613 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i reccomend getting the cyclods evolution and an ezflash 3 in 1 plus

6. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Have you ever used a DS? There's no installing involved, the games and other software (like the browser) are just run from the slot on the top of the DS, behind the upper screen. If you go the official route, then how it works is that you buy the browser, which consists of a DS game card for the top slot, and a special RAM cart for the bottom slot, inserted like a GBA game. If you want to go the unofficial route, then you get a flash card, which is (most commonly) like a regular game card with a microSD slot on it. microSD cards are a form of digital memory which you can load your files onto. Then you run them on your DS, using your flash card like any other game card. There are several homebrew browsers, which don't need the extra RAM cart, but if you want to use the Opera browser, you'll need some kind of cart. Most people get the EZ-Flash 3-in-1, which acts as a RAM card, a rumble pak, and a GBA flash cart in one.

7. racer123246
    OP

United States
    Vague Rant: I meant on the computer.
    Firerake1: To run the browser from, a modem?
    Then I would buy the software on Ebay when i have the money. (Now i'm broke)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. wchill

Member wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    No, what Firerake means is that you need a DS storage device to actually run the browser off of.
    If you're using the Opera browser, you will need a RAM pack in Slot 2 along with your browser ROM patched to use that RAM.