SuperGeek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

I'm sick and tired of downloading ROMs and trying to figure out how to play them...is there a site you people can recommend that has manuals for NDS games? A .pdf or a scan of the manual is great.

Thanks,
SG

El Bastardo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One word... OK and the corresponding URL
happy.gif

Replacementdocs

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow most people dress that question up.

El Bastardo's link is pretty good but without going to verify (it has been about 4 months since I last was there) it seemed to deal more in older consoles (which in my opinion is even better but that is not why we are here).

Nintendo have some of their stuff up on their website and your friendly neighbourhood games websites with a faqs section normally sports either a guide that surpasses anything the devs will make or said manual lovingly transcribed.

El Bastardo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But seriously even if I own an original copy of the manual on paper I stored them safe and sound in the package (like a good collector) and if I want to just browse for something [ctrl]+F is always faster that fetching my manual!!

SuperGeek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your link is okay, but they only have manuals for 88 games...Only 88?! Come off it, there is no way you are going to sit and read that many manuals. It's pointless if you're not going to use them, take the crazy collecting thing elsewhere.

I'm not collecting manuals, but the fact that they only have 88 shows that if I do have a game I need the manual for, they probably won't have it.

But seriously even if I own an original copy of the manual on paper I stored them safe and sound in the package (like a good collector) and if I want to just browse for something [ctrl]+F is always faster that fetching my manual!!

Exactly!

QUOTE(dexmix @ Dec 12 2007, 06:06 PM)
you can usually find them packaged with the games. i usually get my games at gamestop.
wink.gif

Did you even read the first post? "I'm sick and tired of downloading ROMs and trying to figure out how to play them..."

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen a manual in the last 10 years that had any worthwhile information. These days, games have tutorials, in-game button reassignments, etc that you can look up how to do things.

If you don't have the patience for that much, then, well, you get what you pay for...

CrEsPo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo have some of their stuff up on their website and your friendly neighbourhood games websites with a faqs section normally sports either a guide that surpasses anything the devs will make or said manual lovingly transcribed.

FAST6191 has hi the nail on it's head. I've seen Nintendo.com have some manuals hosted, but your best bet is a sight like GameFAQs.com. If you don't want to spoil the story or be helped through the game, don't read the walkthrough. Just read the introductary sections. Most walkthroughs on GameFAQs.com have basics about controls and the like in an introductary section. That's where I learn most of my game basics, as some games do teach you while playing.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

FAST6191 has hi the nail on it's head. I've seen Nintendo.com have some manuals hosted, but your best bet is a sight like GameFAQs.com. If you don't want to spoil the story or be helped through the game, don't read the walkthrough. Just read the introductary sections. Most walkthroughs on GameFAQs.com have basics about controls and the like in an introductary section. That's where I learn most of my game basics, as some games do teach you while playing.

There's another trend with newer FAQs on GameFAQs to leave only instructions and vague details, so reading the walkthrough might not spoil the story anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: