NDS Game Manuals?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by SuperGeek, Dec 12, 2007.

Dec 12, 2007

NDS Game Manuals? by SuperGeek at 9:56 PM (2,815 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. SuperGeek
    OP

Newcomer SuperGeek Advanced Member

United States
    Hey,

I'm sick and tired of downloading ROMs and trying to figure out how to play them...is there a site you people can recommend that has manuals for NDS games? A .pdf or a scan of the manual is great.

Thanks,
    SG

2. El Bastardo

Member El Bastardo GBAtemp Regular

United States
  3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Wow most people dress that question up.

El Bastardo's link is pretty good but without going to verify (it has been about 4 months since I last was there) it seemed to deal more in older consoles (which in my opinion is even better but that is not why we are here).

Nintendo have some of their stuff up on their website and your friendly neighbourhood games websites with a faqs section normally sports either a guide that surpasses anything the devs will make or said manual lovingly transcribed.

4. SuperGeek
    OP

United States
    Your link is okay, but they only have manuals for 88 games...thanks anyways.

Any other links you kind GBATempers can share? [​IMG]

5. dexmix

Member dexmix GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you can usually find them packaged with the games. i usually get my games at gamestop. [​IMG]

6. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Only 88?! Come off it, there is no way you are going to sit and read that many manuals. It's pointless if you're not going to use them, take the crazy collecting thing elsewhere.

7. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    Most people get their manuals free when they BUY the game from a store.

8. El Bastardo

Member El Bastardo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    But seriously even if I own an original copy of the manual on paper I stored them safe and sound in the package (like a good collector) and if I want to just browse for something [ctrl]+F is always faster that fetching my manual!!

9. SuperGeek
    OP

United States
    Did you even read the first post? "I'm sick and tired of downloading ROMs and trying to figure out how to play them..."

10. superkrm

Member superkrm GBAtemp Fan

United States
    go to a gamestop with a notepad and open up the case on the shelf and write down what you need to know

11. Grimalkin

Member Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Canada
    You know, most FAQs have instructions on how to play, even the Japanese ones too...

12. dsbomb

Member dsbomb GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I haven't seen a manual in the last 10 years that had any worthwhile information. These days, games have tutorials, in-game button reassignments, etc that you can look up how to do things.

If you don't have the patience for that much, then, well, you get what you pay for...

13. CrEsPo

Member CrEsPo GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    FAST6191 has hi the nail on it's head. I've seen Nintendo.com have some manuals hosted, but your best bet is a sight like GameFAQs.com. If you don't want to spoil the story or be helped through the game, don't read the walkthrough. Just read the introductary sections. Most walkthroughs on GameFAQs.com have basics about controls and the like in an introductary section. That's where I learn most of my game basics, as some games do teach you while playing.

14. Grimalkin

Member Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Canada
    There's another trend with newer FAQs on GameFAQs to leave only instructions and vague details, so reading the walkthrough might not spoil the story anymore.