Hacking NDS/3DS Flashcards Questions

xD-FireStriker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Forgive me if this is in the wrong spot i am new here

I having been using flash cards for a while.
I started with a R4 Clone which was gr8 than upgraded to a R4i 3ds from R4i-sdhc that was aright, it work on my DSi which is what i bought it for but it didn't work on my 3DS.

I am now looking to get a new card that would work on my 3DS as well as my DSi and DSL. I am looking at the DSTWO + but unshorn if i need to install that GW plugin for it to work on the 3DS and i dont know the quality.

I also don't know much about the other flashcarts other than the TT that i only got to work with for about 6 months but only know a little about.
What cards would you guys recommend?

Thanks

FireStriker

Edit: Do you guys also know any good places to get them in Australia?

Last edited by xD-FireStriker,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The supercard would be an upgrade, generally they are considered among the top DS flash carts and for the 3ds if you don't want to hack it then it is probably the best choice (the other being the r4i gold). It should work in any 3ds if you want it to. I should say though that you can probably get your r4i to work, not sure of the current stuff but a while back any DS flash cart that once worked on the DSi or 3ds could be made to work on any 3DS firmware if you could hack the 3ds. I believe you might be able to get any to work now.

Only Australian shop I know of right now is http://www.ozmodchips.com/3ds-2ds-dsi-dsl-ds-mode-c-123_125.html
Not dealt with them for many years but they were good back when.

xD-FireStriker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks FAST i still have a lot to learn about the cards i havnt had any luck geting it to work on my 3ds but that was about a year ago, i even emailed the guys who made the card and they said they didnt know why it wasnt working i am working on it agin but unshore if i am going to test on my 3ds because the cart is a tight fit. Sometime i have a hardtime geting it out and i think its stuck in there.
do you have a DSTWO/DSTWO +? does it come out with ease?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh I thought you meant software issues (usually ending in it displaying something like "error, please reset"). The 3ds has a layer that handles DS backwards compatibility and with it DS flash cart detection. If you can hack your 3ds with a custom firmware then you can put it back to an old layer which does fewer checks, and I think people have now sorted that so anything will work but I have not read up there and why said I was behind the times.
The DStwo (plus) does not have this problem and works on any firmware (if you manage to get a really old one you might have to do the in place upgrade).

The DStwo has a CPU onboard so it can be a bit tight for some people, others have it work just fine. I have a slight variation on the theme in the ismart MM which is a similar design and it goes in and out OK, however it is different to a more conventional flash cart and where you could probably have one shoot across the room it will not happen with that.
I should have also made it clear that the r4i gold stuff is cheaper and ultimately just a basic flash cart (it will do any homebrew you used on the things you have now, play any game, supports SDHC and has cheats so there is that), albeit one that does not get bothered by 3ds updates where many others fell as time went on. It was also officially supported by the wood firmware which was nice.

xD-FireStriker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sj33 my 3ds doesn't not have cfw and i don't intend to get cfw i just dont rly want to get it as i might be playing on line and i dont want the ds to brick its self or i get banned

Yes FAST i did get a error message saying "error, please reset".
So both the ds2plus and the r4i gold work on the 3ds no matter the firmware of the 3ds.
i might go for the ds2plus because of the cpu and the idea of better emus whats the emu support like on the supercards.
and do you need to install that gateway plugin for it to work [work as in play ds and gba games]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night