Hacking NBA 2K10 no commentary, freezing

archive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with wiiflow usb loader rev22 i was able to use the alt dol which is "launcher.dol" and the commentary is now there also "home" does not freeze using that method, so if using disc... replace main.dol with launcher.dol using wiiscrubber then burn your iso... hope this helps you guys

UPDATE: well the second time i loaded it... it came back.... commentary stopped about a minute in the game and froze again with "home" button..... i spoke too soon :-/

RR99i

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Would it be some type of protection? Maybe that's one of the reasons the game was delayed. Not sure if there is a way to solve this?
frown.gif

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
anaxs said:
the game sucks on wii already and now its having problems
there would be no use of putting Ap protection on it since its not very good, so its gotta be sumn else
Let me guess, you haven't played the game have you? The games actually pretty good. If you can get passed the graphics (which i admit are pretty bad), the game is almost the same as its PS3 and XBOX 3600 counterparts. Sure the game sucks with motion controls, but if you have a classic controller, the games pretty tank considering its a Wii game.

EDIT: Scratch that. You folks make a good point.
EDIT2: Its seems I might be right after all. It just may be AP protection. To reiterate what I said before the edit, its actaully expected, particularly this coming month, that more games will have AP protection. 2k may want to get a good start seeming as its not had a game on a Nintendo console since 2k3 and AP protection may have been the way to go.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no way 2K Games added AP protection. It's something only Nintendo is knowledgeable about and is likely capable of adding. The scene release is just a bad dump.

joging

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems there's a new pal release out with a private tracker in french. would be interesting to see if this works. but if so is it possible to change the language?

just1347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone play the game online on a back-up copy? Or is there just noone that plays nba2k10 online on the wii..? Also currently downloading the french pal version.

MCE

Trophies
XP
Country
Any news on the French version? Does it have the same freezing problems? Can you change the language to English?

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just1347 said:
Can anyone play the game online on a back-up copy? Or is there just noone that plays nba2k10 online on the wii..? Also currently downloading the french pal version.
well firstly, nobody has got the game working properly as of yet. i assume it would work perfectly if we could get the game working.

RR99i

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
Then I guess whomever figured out NSMBW needs to take a look at this one, although I'd assume it wouldn't be much of a priority.
Yeah, not sure if, in time, someone will check out why the game does this. I was thinking of using the new CIOS rev15 would solve the problem. If both the NTSC and PAL versions of the game are freezing. Then the game will need to be checked into. I was thinking as well that it's got to involve something like New Super Mario Bros. Wii is doing. Not saying some type of protection, but only one that checks into the game will find out.

vinzanity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So the french PAL version, which looks like a non-scene release, is also freezing? Then this means Qwiif's release isn't nuked. I guess NBA 2K10 is just not as popular as the New Super Mario Bros (obviously) but i do hope someone could take a look at the "protection" because it may be used in other games. Wiipower your our only hope :-)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I heard a rumor that this game has the same protection(BCA read) as NSMB. Do people with discs get different results as people loading from usb? Did anyone look if he can find the stuff that is patched in NSMB in the .dol of the game?

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
I heard a rumor that this game has the same protection(BCA read) as NSMB. Do people with discs get different results as people loading from usb? Did anyone look if he can find the stuff that is patched in NSMB in the .dol of the game?
From what I've heard, people who use discs on softmodded get the same issues as those using USB loaders. However, those using discs with hardmodded Wii's actually get a complete freeze within the first minute of gaemplay.

To summarize, here are the issues:
USB Loaders/Softmodded
- Commentary stops within the first minute of gameplay
- Freezing upon exit of game
- Coaches never stop talking to the team at the end of the third quarter

Hardmodded
- Freezing within the first minute of gameplay

(These are all the things I've noticed)

Nismax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hamtotem said:
- Coaches never stop talking to the team at the end of the third quarter

Ok that's actually kind of funny..

Hoping for a fix though. No XBL so would be nice if this worked for some online play. Speaking of which I decided to try and play without connecting to the server and got a slew of new bugs that I didn't get before when I let it connect.

Connected: Game simply freezes at a random time. Audio begins to loop after freezing.

Not connected: Commentary cuts out and controller goes dead. Players run around like idiots.

MCE

Trophies
XP
Country
I notice that the game only freezes in My Player mode once you've made it to the NBA. While in the summer league and D-League it didn't freeze once but it does every time I try to play my first NBA game. I wondered if it was related to the commentary and other sounds so I turned them all down but it still happened. There doesn't seem to be an option to actually disable the commentary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: idk