1. Yocupofjoe

OP Yocupofjoe Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have a quick question about restoring switch nand. Is it safer to return to ofw and play online when i restore a clean nand backup or if I use the program haku33.

I know a clean nand is considered safer, however it restores the fw to a lower version and u need to use a homebrew app to update your firmware in order to avoid a ban. But I’m trying to have my switch logs 100% free from a cfw history. So what should I do?

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    isn't the latest firmware exploitable? I wouldn't hold my breath on a coldboot option ever really. nintendo would had to have really screwed up.

3. Yocupofjoe

OP Yocupofjoe Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So are you saying the clean nand restore is better

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    do you have emuNAND? what I see a lot of people do is keep stock firmware at the lowest possible, then update emuNAND. no need to restore then and risk something going wrong. tbh, I don't know if that app you mentioned is effective or not. I don't think anyone will really know for sure otherwise we'd be able to circumvent the banning process by knowing exactly what nintendo can see. they seem to be able to see a lot. their banning practices are more secure than the system I guess.

5. Yocupofjoe

OP Yocupofjoe Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I dont have emunand as im just trying to use my switch normally without any logs with hacking history, so im just wondering what the right way is for that. Thanks for the replies btw

6. chippy

chippy GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    If you installed nsps your nan's is dirty and will mostlikey be band
    Now the restore part. It should be OK IF you didn't burn your fuses when you updated. You want your fuses count to match your restore or your switch won't boot stock from stock bootloader (powering normally).
    If you can boot stock from stock bootloader you can just update via Nintendo services in the settings

Now if there's a fuse mismatch between your backup you could restore it. Load cfw and update it to the fuse count. This won't have any of the old nsp logs or install stuff.
    But i would like to say I DONT recommend downgrading. You see why too many people have issues with bricking after as thry might forget boot0/1 as well. If you plan to downgrade backup your current nand and boot0/1 so you can restore that if things go sideways

godreborn likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Question, Restore,