NAND Emulation problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by l3ullseye, Dec 2, 2011.

Dec 2, 2011

NAND Emulation problem by l3ullseye at 9:39 PM (1,362 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. l3ullseye
    OP

Newcomer l3ullseye Member

United States
    I have enable Partial NAND Emulation and now, some games are giving me and error message with black screen and white letters that say...
    Code:
    An error has occurred.
    Press the Eject Button, remove the
    Game Disc, and turn the power off,
    Please read the Wii Operations Manual
    for more information.

and when I turn off NAND emulation, they work; does this mean that NAND emulation does not work with every game or there is something else I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

USB Loader GX
    d2x v7
    Some example games are: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Challenge Me: Word Puzzles.

2. raven33

Newcomer raven33 Newbie

United States
    I have the exact same problem using USB loader GX 2.3 !!!

One of the few games that work with partial NAND emulation turned on is: A boy and his blob.

Adding games that give the error: Dirt 2, Kirby, Mario & Sonic Olympic London, SMB, Donkey Kong etc.

A second problem that is appearing (maybe related) is that when ending a game with "home" and redirecting to USB loader GX I sometimes get a black screen and have to restart the Wii.

SOLVED!!! See below for solution, post #4

3. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    depending on what your using for nand emulation. if using neek2o i think you still have to have the nand for that region of the game.
    eur games= 4.xE.. usa games= 4.xU... as far as the older neek an sneek. i'm not sure if the same rules apply.
    if this is a downloaded pirate piece of sh*&, then you might need to play with the settings inside neek or sneek. to get them to work.
    though i can say 100% for sure if the games are retail for the region you are playing. then they work with out any problems inside neek or gx with 1/2, or 1/4 or full emulation.

4. raven33

Newcomer raven33 Newbie

United States
    If you did not understand a single word of what the guy above wrote do not worry. I have found the SOLUTION!

You need d2x cIOS v7 final. Use ModMii to update and everything will work like a dream afterwards:-)

Thanks to "nightstah" for his help on this problem

5. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    That's a pretty cocky way of telling someone of who tries to help people.

I'm glad you found your answer, but a forum tends to be a medium to answer questions in a broad perspective. Please allow others to expand on it, will you? Thanks. :)

It isn't even that difficult. There are two ways of using an emulated nand. Using the later d2x cIOS revisions can redirect the saving/loading from an emulated nand rather than the real one. However, Sneek, neek and neek2o are ways of FULLY using an emulated nand (it reads/writes EVERYTHING off the hard drive, including the IOS'es). Of course, things will be different there. :)

6. Etheboss

Member Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Netherlands
    True, d2xv7 final has been finetuned to work with emunand...
    if you still have problems, you can also try a newer USB loader GX rev.

And forget about the neek comments shortz made, unless you want to know about using the emunand in a completely different way.. NVM