Hacking NAND Emulation problem

l3ullseye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have enable Partial NAND Emulation and now, some games are giving me and error message with black screen and white letters that say...
Code:
An error has occurred.
Press the Eject Button, remove the
Game Disc, and turn the power off,
Please read the Wii Operations Manual
for more information.
and when I turn off NAND emulation, they work; does this mean that NAND emulation does not work with every game or there is something else I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

USB Loader GX
d2x v7
Some example games are: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Challenge Me: Word Puzzles.

raven33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the exact same problem using USB loader GX 2.3 !!!

One of the few games that work with partial NAND emulation turned on is: A boy and his blob.

Adding games that give the error: Dirt 2, Kirby, Mario & Sonic Olympic London, SMB, Donkey Kong etc.

A second problem that is appearing (maybe related) is that when ending a game with "home" and redirecting to USB loader GX I sometimes get a black screen and have to restart the Wii.

SOLVED!!! See below for solution, post #4

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depending on what your using for nand emulation. if using neek2o i think you still have to have the nand for that region of the game.
eur games= 4.xE.. usa games= 4.xU... as far as the older neek an sneek. i'm not sure if the same rules apply.
if this is a downloaded pirate piece of sh*&, then you might need to play with the settings inside neek or sneek. to get them to work.
though i can say 100% for sure if the games are retail for the region you are playing. then they work with out any problems inside neek or gx with 1/2, or 1/4 or full emulation.

raven33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you did not understand a single word of what the guy above wrote do not worry. I have found the SOLUTION!

You need d2x cIOS v7 final. Use ModMii to update and everything will work like a dream afterwards:-)

Thanks to "nightstah" for his help on this problem

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you did not understand a single word of what the guy above wrote do not worry. I have found the SOLUTION!
That's a pretty cocky way of telling someone of who tries to help people.

I'm glad you found your answer, but a forum tends to be a medium to answer questions in a broad perspective. Please allow others to expand on it, will you? Thanks. :)

It isn't even that difficult. There are two ways of using an emulated nand. Using the later d2x cIOS revisions can redirect the saving/loading from an emulated nand rather than the real one. However, Sneek, neek and neek2o are ways of FULLY using an emulated nand (it reads/writes EVERYTHING off the hard drive, including the IOS'es). Of course, things will be different there. :)

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
True, d2xv7 final has been finetuned to work with emunand...
if you still have problems, you can also try a newer USB loader GX rev.

And forget about the neek comments shortz made, unless you want to know about using the emunand in a completely different way.. NVM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1