Nand dumpers list

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by camochase, Jul 28, 2011.

Jul 28, 2011

Nand dumpers list by camochase at 8:44 AM (1,030 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. camochase
    OP

Member camochase GBAtemp Regular

United States
    can someone please give me a list of nand dumpers that are compatible with a regular usb because everything i have tryed hasnt worked

2. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Then why not dump it to an SD-Card, and put it from the SD to the HD, if I may ask?

3. wes11ph

Member wes11ph GBAtemp Fan

Afghanistan
    bootmii nand dumper is the best
    supports sd only

4. LocoRoco

Member LocoRoco GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    give bluedump v2 by scooby a try

5. camochase
    OP

Member camochase GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i cant use a sd card cuz i dont have one

6. geebeeay

Newcomer geebeeay Newbie

I would recommend to get an SD card. they are only like $5 for one that would be big enough to dump NAND to.

7. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    An SD card is pretty much required in anything to do with Wii hacking.

Get a 2GB card and you're sorted.

8. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Are you looking to dump a nand.bin file or do you want to dump the filesystem to use for *NEEK? if you want a nand.bin, to have a nand backup, then you got to use bootmii and you need to buy and SD card.

So go mow a lawn for a neighbor or something else to make a couple of dollars and then you can be happy.

9. Madrigal

Member Madrigal GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Why do you need an SD card? It seems like something that should be able to be done via USB. There's got to be a way to do it that works.

10. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Your lack of knowledge is the issue... no offense meant.

To create a USB stack requires a LOT more code than the simple hardware defined SD code. Space is rather limited and the amount of time to create the code compared to how much it is needed for something for something so simple that everyone can find $10 for...... USB bootmii NAND.BIN is not an option. Just get money and buy an SD card and be thankful that the gods have already given you the ability to do even that.

I know Tuiedj can give more details about the reasoning of why it is not possible... easily... to make bootmii compatible with USB devices. He knows more about USB stacks and stuff than anyone else here on gbatemp.

Edit. To add on to this thought. And SD card is rather simple. read this.

Now, USB is not only meant for data storage like how SD cards are meant to be, but USB is capable of so much more. Now those people that write USB stack code need to code in for device identifiers, shit loads of other logic that I have not researched, and to determine down if it is a data storage device and if it is USB 1.1 or 2.0 capable.

When going with the SD option it become so much simpler for the programmers. SD is strictly meant for data storage, it's not meant to be a UNIVERSAL Serial Bus. SD has the specific purpose of data storage. USB has the ability to do nearly anything, but it requires more code to command everything to work correctly.

Also, there is not enough space in the boot2 space of the wii's nand to make it able to run bootmii from boot2. They possibly could make bootmii for USB run for an IOS, but why waste the time when most everyone else has a working and capable SD card?

If it was EASILY capable to make bootmii do USB nand.bin dumps, then they would have done it. But it is not worth their time or effort when the option of just using an SD card is so freaking simple.

11. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    If you only need the nand keys and can't make a bootmii backup on your sd card, use xyzzy to get the keys. If you have boot2 bootmii you don't need a nand backup now and if you only have bootmii ios you won't be able to fix it with bootmii ios. So if you have boot2 bootmii, don't worry about it. If you only have bootmii ios be sure to get the nand keys as this is all that is needed to reprogram the nand. If you are emulating your nand use modmii to make the files.

12. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    ^^What he said...