Hacking Nand Dump

stayingarmed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so before doing the system menu hack, I read that I should backup my nand.....which I did with "Yet Another Wii Nand Dumper". Now I have a 500 mb file (wiiflash.img), what exactly do I do with it?

I also read that "YaWnD" encrypts the key: "The dumped NAND is encrypted. To decrypt it is needed the console's NAND key (do not ask me about how to get it)."

So now I guess I'm stuck because I don't know if I should have used a different NAND dumper or what.

Also, I just noticed I got a PM with a different NAND dumper to use so I guess I will try and install the system menu 3.2 wad and start over.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok it is because if you ever brick your Wii and need to use an infectus on it the dumped NAND of your Wii will be helpful in recovery. As for recovering back to a non-"system-hacked" wii... Simply update or install all the old ioses back to original.

The NAND dump should be the best state your Wii was in before the major changes. Leaving you with a "raw" image of your Wii's memory.

Hope that helps.

stayingarmed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IronMask said:
Ok it is because if you ever brick your Wii and need to use an infectus on it the dumped NAND of your Wii will be helpful in recovery. As for recovering back to a non-"system-hacked" wii... Simply update or install all the old ioses back to original.

The NAND dump should be the best state your Wii was in before the major changes. Leaving you with a "raw" image of your Wii's memory.

Hope that helps.

OHHHHHH, thanks Ironmask!!! For some reason I thought we dumped the NAND and then packed them into a wad or something to restore if something went wrong. So basically I just need to save that NAND backup somewhere safe in case I ever brick myself.

Thanks a million guy! And thanks for the link but since I already have it backed up and the new cios installed, I guess it was a little too late.
wink.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(Matt93 @ Jan 12 2009, 04:25 PM) Which NAND dumper?

Would you mind PMing me?

http://www.letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=Ye...Wii+Nand+Dumper

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE