Hacking Nand backup

cmbheli

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if the nand backup was wii specific or can you use any wii 's backup? My kids lost my sd card and i thought i had it on my computer but cant find it, I getting ready to soft mod my sisters wii and was wondering if i can use here backup when i create it or just create a new one of mine.I do have the wii up and running fine but just want to be safe.I just got a new cp and that is how i found out i lost it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.Also if this helps I had to run bootmii as a iso not boot2

westcor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, unfortunately it's not that easy. There are certain keys tied to your Wii. I think you need a Infectus to switch NANDs.
Also, you need Bootmii as boot2, as the bootmii IOS is unsupported to restore a NAND.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
cmbheli said:
I was wondering if the nand backup was wii specific or can you use any wii 's backup? My kids lost my sd card and i thought i had it on my computer but cant find it, I getting ready to soft mod my sisters wii and was wondering if i can use here backup when i create it or just create a new one of mine.I do have the wii up and running fine but just want to be safe.I just got a new cp and that is how i found out i lost it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.Also if this helps I had to run bootmii as a iso not boot2
Technically, there are utils you could use to make it so you could flash one wii with the NAND of another, but really, it's a bad idea unless we're talking emergency here. It's not worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1