Nand backup

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cmbheli, Mar 22, 2010.

Mar 22, 2010

Nand backup by cmbheli at 12:15 AM (860 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. cmbheli
    OP

Newcomer cmbheli Newbie

United States
    I was wondering if the nand backup was wii specific or can you use any wii 's backup? My kids lost my sd card and i thought i had it on my computer but cant find it, I getting ready to soft mod my sisters wii and was wondering if i can use here backup when i create it or just create a new one of mine.I do have the wii up and running fine but just want to be safe.I just got a new cp and that is how i found out i lost it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.Also if this helps I had to run bootmii as a iso not boot2

2. westcor

Newcomer westcor Newbie

United States
    Nope, unfortunately it's not that easy. There are certain keys tied to your Wii. I think you need a Infectus to switch NANDs.
    Also, you need Bootmii as boot2, as the bootmii IOS is unsupported to restore a NAND.

3. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    To my understanding.. I was told if you want to backup your NAND to recover from a brick, it's easiest with Bootmii. If you need it for Triiforce, use the one in the link:

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ho...fsd-nand-dumper

I think it can be put on any Wii as long as the Boot2 isn't the newer version.

4. cmbheli
    OP

Newcomer cmbheli Newbie

United States
    can i just back it up the way it is now?

5. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Backing up as it is now is MUCH better than No Backup at all. And yes, of course you can, you just need Bootmii as either an IOS or boot2.

6. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Technically, there are utils you could use to make it so you could flash one wii with the NAND of another, but really, it's a bad idea unless we're talking emergency here. It's not worth it.