Curley5959 : 1
science:1

Spec2K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Cloverfiend." It's what I like to call this movie, but of course the real title to this movie is, "Cloverfield."

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Cloverfield

edit : Damn you!
wink.gif

NYCvinster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct.... This film gave me a headache in the theaters.

Bob Evil: 81
TrolleyDave: 44.6
R4man18: 31
Szyslak: 29
Matriculated: 25
fischju: 17
NYCvinster : 9
WildWon: 8
Mr Noid : 7
Greyhound: 7
tomqman: 7
2cb2ct7: 5
krartan: 4
mr_blonde_88 : 3
abaddon41_80 : 3
Orc : 3
wilddenim: 3
The Worst : 2
buggy: 2
laminaatplaat: 2
Wanted: 2
knoxvillz: 2
Bob Loblaw: 2
harryjon35: 2
Thug4L1f3: 2
Little : 2
moozxy: 2
AGENT209T : 2
Spek2K : 1
TaeK : 1
shaunj66 : 1
Spinal_cord: 1
Scalpos: 1
benchma®k: 1
mercluke: 1
gblock247 : 1
Tommy T: 1
slightlyaskew: 1
graeme_85: 1
callmebob: 1
furakon: 1
nando : 1
Exort : 1
nloding : 1
jinxvorheeze : 1
Fast6191 : 1
Sleeping Dragon: 1
Nottulys : 1
Vulpes Abnocto: 1
Urza : 1

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know I have not really be playing (I promise I have been watching but as I tend to come hourly I either miss out or it seems my knowledge of classic films is not enough (the 70s and early 80's is a blank for me, before (right back to the introduction of "talkies" (go my grandma)) and to some extent after that period is fine)).

So just a thought but is is worth having multiple films up at once (max three for now) and perhaps limiting to one film per "you got it correct" reply. I realise the top5 posters may be running out at some point which may not help such matters and it would be nominally harder to "moderate" but hopefully it will be better with regards to getting people playing and not as much leveling the scores but hopefully doing something interesting).

Regarding scores being too long these days.
Code:
[codebox][/codebox]
Demo
CODEBob Evil: 81
TrolleyDave: 44.6
R4man18: 31
Szyslak: 29
Matriculated: 25
fischju: 17
NYCvinster : 9
WildWon: 8
Mr Noid : 7
Greyhound: 7
tomqman: 7
2cb2ct7: 5
krartan: 4
mr_blonde_88 : 3
abaddon41_80 : 3
Orc : 3
wilddenim: 3
The Worst : 2
buggy: 2
laminaatplaat: 2
Wanted: 2
knoxvillz: 2
Bob Loblaw: 2
harryjon35: 2
Thug4L1f3: 2
Little : 2
moozxy: 2
AGENT209T : 2
Spek2K : 1
TaeK : 1
shaunj66 : 1
Spinal_cord: 1
Scalpos: 1
benchma®k: 1
mercluke: 1
gblock247 : 1
Tommy T: 1
slightlyaskew: 1
graeme_85: 1
callmebob: 1
furakon: 1
nando : 1
Exort : 1
nloding : 1
jinxvorheeze : 1
Fast6191 : 1
Sleeping Dragon: 1
Nottulys : 1
Vulpes Abnocto: 1
Urza : 1

Just for fun as it is not my turn:
ntmfun1.jpg

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
So just a thought but is is worth having multiple films up at once (max three for now) and perhaps limiting to one film per "you got it correct" reply. I realise the top5 posters may be running out at some point which may not help such matters and it would be nominally harder to "moderate" but hopefully it will be better with regards to getting people playing and not as much leveling the scores but hopefully doing something interesting).
Seems like it could get confusing, but we might as well give it a try. Could inject some life. As long as people follow the rules (written and un-written
ph34r.gif
) it should work out fine. Perhaps we should start with two movies at a time and see how it goes. The one you posted, and Spec2K can post a new one if he checks back in. If he doesn't check back in soon, someone can take his turn.

As for the really long score list, I would vote for keeping everyone with 1 or 2 correct answers in a spoiler box, unless the person just guessed correctly. Even if you use a scrollable codebox, the list is still really long. But really, it's up to the poster.

Another suggestion to keep things moving:

If someone doesn't post a new movie within 24 hours of being told that their guess is correct, anyone should be free to post the next movie.

NYCvinster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
posting more than one picture at a time has the potential to become a huge mess really fast.
Just imagine 2 pics posted, someone guesses one correctly, but the 2nd pic may take a bit longer, or is answered by a different user.....can you remember to go back and give the proper person a point? and what if that person that guess 1 of the 2 posted pics then posts 2 pictures also; the thread has then moved on but there still may be outstanding pics that were not guessed & the scores have the potential to get f'd.....just too much potential for mayhem, IMHO.....just my 2 cents

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with trolleydave on resetting the scores since half the people on the list aren't playing anymore.
And with NYCvinster about not allowing more than 1 pic at a time. It would get to be too much of a mess I think.

I was looking at some other boards guess the movie threads and they have thousands of pages and no point score. Some really tough ones, too. One person posted a picture of a cellphone with a little blood on it and someone guessed the Departed and got it right. It was nuts. They really stray away from showing lead characters and such.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind re-setting the scores, but R4man18 and fischju have scored quite a bit recently. They might feel differently.

As for 1 movie or 2, I really don't care either way. As long as something keeps the thread moving. I think we could pull off 2 at a time, but we would have to stay on top of it, and it definitely could get all screwed up in a hurry. Might very well be a little too much for the testing area, in a mostly un-moderated thread.

Doesn't look like Spec2K is going to post, so we might as well just go with FAST's movie and restart the scoring from there if everyone agrees.

Mr. Noid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How about playing to a certain score? Like first to 10 (20?) wins and then the score resets and we play again. It would make the game more competitive and keep the scores manageable.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think dont many any decisions unless grayhound wants to do it.

I also feel that if we are going to reset the scores/change the rules this should be locked or unstickied for a new thread to start.

I dont really care about the points I dont think anyone does the guessing is fun not racking up points.

greyhound

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave messaged me to talk about new ways to breathe some life into the thread a few weeks/months? back. I suggested a game I had thought about briefly and now having thought about it a bit more and with people wanting something new, this is probably the best time to see what you guys think.

The basic concept:

I make a thread dedicated to organising month long games that have an individual score tally (People say the scores don't matter, but as soon as I introduced them to this thread, instant revival). In that thread, people can suggest themes for games, as in the past people have complained about films being too old/new or not having enough films of their preferred genre. Therefore, the first few games would be specific to popular genres and eras.

Each new game gets it's own thread, not dissimilar to the 'Know Your Temps' threads, where each individual round will be hosted. The reason for having shorter games is that the rules lose meaning as the thread gets longer and it pisses me off when people start posting the same movies. Obviously, we won't enforce this rule between rounds. The winner of each round will be the person with the most points at the end of the month.

Tell me what you think and hopefully TrolleyDave will add his thoughts. We also need some ideas for the 'stoppers', people ducking out of the game after they have made a correct guess or just not returning to check. There's been some times when the thread has been halted for days by an awkward stopper.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-