N64 imports and expansions

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Blaze163, Jun 19, 2009.

Jun 19, 2009

N64 imports and expansions by Blaze163 at 1:54 PM (725 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Blaze163
    OP

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    How do I play an American N64 game such as Snowboard Kids 2 on a PAL N64? Is there some sort of device like the toploader from the NES era that'll play anything? Some sort of adapter like from the SNES days? I'm not really up on such things.

Also, I opened up the front panel on my N64 the other day and there's something called a Jumper Pak in there. What is it? Is it a third party RAM expansion pack or just something in there by default to fill the space? More importantly, can I play games like Majora's Mask and Donkey Kong 64 using such a device or do I have to have the official and somewhat rare and expensive Expansion Pak?

Cheers in advance.

2. titanium

Newcomer titanium Member

A jumper pak only provides a bridge between two section. It will not let you boot games that requires an expansion pak. You need the official (or a third party) expansion pak which is bright red on the top.

3. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    I've got something called a N64 Passport Plus III which does the job for me.

Stick a PAL cart in the back, plug your NTSC cart on top...

Works a treat...

4. psycoblaster

Member psycoblaster Divine

Korea, South
    I used to have something like an adopter that I insert in the slot, so I could put the games that didn't fit on it and it would play...