N3DSXL Dumped NAND Request

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by unknowpers, Dec 20, 2016.

1. unknowpers
    OP

unknowpers Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2016
    Iran
    Hi everyone , Is there anyone that can share with me a dumped nand of new3dsxl ((preferly usa version)) ?
    I dont want it for flashing to a 3ds , just want to do something ...

Last edited by unknowpers, Dec 20, 2016
    xstationbr likes this.
  2. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Can you maybe develop what you'd like to do so someone could answer if its possible or not? :P

3. unknowpers
    OP

unknowpers Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2016
    Iran
    I think i have found a way to emulate 3ds but to develop the project , i need a nand dump but ... i have no access to any 3ds ...:mellow:
    So i made this thread to obtain a nand dump
    Also i am not that kind of person who listens to the others for answer , i myself try and try to see that eventually what will happen !^_^

4. DavidRO99

DavidRO99 Official depressed pikachu

Jun 11, 2016
    Korea, North
    your back-door
    I can give you a EUR dump.

5. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    There is already Citra for that purpose in a sense.

6. unknowpers
    OP

unknowpers Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2016
    Iran
    Thanks , if untill tonight , no one appeared with a usa ver , ill ask you ...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Right but citra is OGL based ((written in c just for playing games)) and you must have decrypted roms ((For now , i am playing fire emblem fates on citra )). My method allows you to emulate a full firmware ... it will be written in assembly and you can imagine how fast it can be ...
    ((Of course if i successed ...:D))

xstationbr likes this.
  7. xstationbr

xstationbr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2015
    Brazil
    i Have one NAND DUMP USA, N3DSXL, send me 1 email to " ax.10@msn.com " now is 07:40 and i on my work, until 18:00 i in my home, and when i stay in home i can send to you the Nand Dump.

8. LinkSoraZelda

LinkSoraZelda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Land of the Rising Orange
    It's impossible. Until bootromhax exists, you'll absolutely never be able to use a full NAND dump on PC. A decrypted CTRNAND being ran may be possible.

9. unknowpers
    OP

unknowpers Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2016
    Iran
    You are right , The CTR is a big problem and my answer is a little shocking : Seems like i have found a way ((algorithm)) to decode it ! to understand if it works or not , i have to test it ... unfortunately i prefer to save the details until the test is finished and successful ...
    Be sure that i will find a way , i am known for being stubborn ...:D
    Also i am persian ...;)

10. xstationbr

xstationbr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2015
    Brazil
    NOT IS IMPOSSIBLE.

uploading here, OFW 9.2 N3DS XL USA to send to you.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

check your email please.
    nand was send now. good lucky if i can help more just email me.

11. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    And somehow the only stumbling block is a NAND dump that you can't even use because it's encrypted using a per-console key?

Emulating the "full firmware" will do absolutely nothing. This is like claiming you have a way to make a better Wii emulator than Dolphin by running IOS instead of using HLE, but the only thing in your way is obtaining a copy of IOS (which is present on every single Wii game disc).

(Oh, and on that note: A full copy of the system firmware is included on every cartridge.)

Sidenote: Writing a full Windows program in assembly nowadays is a complete waste of time. C with asm-optimized segments, sure; but good luck interfacing with the winapi in asm without going bonkers.

Last edited by GerbilSoft, Dec 21, 2016
  12. unknowpers
    OP

unknowpers Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2016
    Iran
    Thanks very much ...!^_^
    Actually this project is not just for playing games and emulating 3ds firmware but emulating a full arm processor ... I thought may be i can run arm based firmwares too by this method ... well , At least i wont understand until i do it myself even though i am hopeless about this ....

xstationbr likes this.
  13. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    Citra does emulate a full ARM CPU - specifically, the ARM11. Parts of the 3DS OS run on a separate ARM9 CPU, which Citra does not emulate; instead, HLE is provided to simulate the OS functions.