Hardware N3DS XL VS N2DS XL?

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I, um, "upgraded" to the N2DS from the N3DS. I like how it weighs a little less. The New 2DS XL screens look a little bit better to my eye than the ones in my New 3DS. (Of course, I mean with the 3D off. Autostereoscopic 3D is probably N's worst idea since the Virtual "Puke" Boy. I guess headaches are an improvement over barf.) The slot placement (game cart, SD in the front BOTH EASY TO get at) seems like it should have been a no-brainer since the original 3DS. It's also nice that both slots are covered by a flap to keep dirt, dog hair, and boogers out. The stylus still sucks. It is about as comfortable to hold as a broken crayon and super-easy to lose. The lack of a hardware wifi switch still sucks. The position of the speakers is the absolute worst I've ever seen in any DS console: if you are a lazy fat slob like me and play games laying down with the 2DSXL resting on your belly, there will be no sound at all.

I like the smooth edges and color scheme. I definitely prefer the Fischer Price Toy look over the respectably boring 90s PDA design of previous DSi and 3DS consoles. However, something about it just feels cheaply made. Only an intuition, but I don't this rinky-dinky console will last like my N3DS will. I'm still not sure which one I'm going to keep.

djwyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few weeks back I dropped my n3ds xl and cracked the top screen so last week I bought a N2ds xl and other than it not having 3d that I only used for a few games anyway I I like the 2ds better. I like the feel of the kinda textured flat plastic over the glossy painted plastic feel of the 3ds. I like that it is a little more balanced feeling so it doesn't feel top heavy like the 3ds. I think the biggest 2 dings on it are the speaker location and the rear camera location if you actually use them(I mostly use them for qr codes for FBI and themes). Other than that I love mine and don't regret going with the 2dsxl over the 3ds xl for a replacement.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the screens are worse (0.01% chance of ips screens), the shell is undeniably cheaper, and the speakers are in retard position . . . on the upside it looks cool, feels cool & has a cover over the gamecard slot (and may cause your e-penis to grow)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :angry: ¡¡¡¡¡ ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooN