N3DS MSET Downgrade

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Rj.MoG, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Rj.MoG
    OP

Rj.MoG GBAtemp Regular

Jun 8, 2015
    United States
    If I downgrade my N3DS Mset to 6.x for the DS Profile Exploit, do I lose the Super Stable 3D and SD Card Management features? If so, is there a workaround behind that? It'd be convenient to only have my DsTwo in my 3ds like I have with my o3DS.

2. Madao64

Madao64 Really Useless Old man

Dec 4, 2014
    Senegal
    South of the equator
    Err.... when you downgrade your MSET, you just downgrade the MSET, not the whole firmware, so it should be perfectly fine.

3. Rj.MoG
    OP

Rj.MoG GBAtemp Regular

Jun 8, 2015
    United States
    Oh okay. I was under the impression that MSET was the entire system settings application. Not just the DS Profile app. Thanks for the help! Further than that, would I just use the 6.x CIA that I used on my o3DS? Or is there a special one for N3DS?

4. TheShadowRunner

TheShadowRunner I'm like you, I have no name.

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Wait what..
    Yes, you do lose the SD Card Management feature (on sysnand anyway), because it's accessed from the Settings.
    The 6.x MSET doesn't have that feature.
    Similarly, and again for sysnand, you will lose access to the Super Stable 3D settings.
    Of course it's not a problem if you plan to use emunand.

5. arapozo

arapozo GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2008
    But if you configure it in emunand, doesn't emunand exit after you close system settings?

6. TheShadowRunner

TheShadowRunner I'm like you, I have no name.

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Yes, emunand exits back to sysnand after you close the Settings, but the change will apply for the next time you boot emunand.

7. arapozo

arapozo GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2008
    Nice, I'm currently in the process of setting up everything on my n3ds and this info helps to put my mind at ease. Thanks.

8. Rj.MoG
    OP

Rj.MoG GBAtemp Regular

Jun 8, 2015
    United States
    Luckily I backed up my 9.0 system settings before downgrading. I'll just keep Cubic Ninja in my n3DS i suppose.

9. arapozo

arapozo GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2008
    Sorry to hijack, I'm setting up emumand on the gateway menu but when I try to boot it up the screen goes black and that's it.
    It's a n3ds 9.0 also, using the default microsd that came with the system.

Nevermind, just redid everything and now it works.

And now the MSET installation is not working :(

Last edited by arapozo, Sep 18, 2015