Hacking N3DS - DS TWO PLUS Offline Use

Vouch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
I've just been considering getting a DS TWO+ (Flashcard), mainly for mounting my NDS and GBA roms onto. I also heard that your 3DS can get bricked from these cards but I'm curious of the conditions that this has to happen as I believe that when you're online on your 3DS, it sends information back and forth to Nintendo if there's something dodgy going on.

What about when it's offline, not connected to a WiFi? Or does it store the information till when you turn it on or is Nintendo just psychic...

So what does it take to notify Nintendo that you're using custom hardware?

Thanks,
Vouch.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. The system bricks because the DS TWO+ flash cart ripped of Gateway, and so the original team put a brick code into their software so that anything that tries to use their code that isn't Gateway will brick the console. Nintendo has nothing to do with it. Use google to research it some more. There is a LOT of information about it. :)

Vouch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope. The system bricks because the DS TWO+ flash cart ripped of Gateway, and so the original team put a brick code into their software so that anything that tries to use their code that isn't Gateway will brick the console. Nintendo has nothing to do with it. Use google to research it some more. There is a LOT of information about it. :)
I can't find that much information on it. Which card is less likely to brick, then?

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find that much information on it. Which card is less likely to brick, then?
None that use exploits. They all ripped off Gateway, and as such will brick. Heck, even a legit Gateway card has a small risk of bricking the system. It's happened. Simply don't buy a 3DS flash cart that relies on a system exploit. Use SC DSTWO+ for NDS/GBA/SNES emulation only, and Sky 3DS+ for 3DS games. Sky 3DS+ is the only one that doesn't need an exploit.

You can find the flash carts in various stores, including the one that sponsors GBATemp, nds-card.com. Roms, however, you'll have to look on your own. Don't bother asking where to find them though, as this site has a policy to not link any copy protected material of that nature, and will take down links or requests for links.

Edit: You can use the DSTWO+ for NDS games, but as long as you don't use it for 3DS games, you'll be fine. I read your post quickly and misread NDS for 3DS.

Last edited by Dimensional,

Vouch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
None that use exploits. They all ripped off Gateway, and as such will brick. Heck, even a legit Gateway card has a small risk of bricking the system. It's happened. Simply don't buy a 3DS flash cart that relies on a system exploit. Use SC DSTWO+ for NDS/GBA/SNES emulation only, and Sky 3DS+ for 3DS games. Sky 3DS+ is the only one that doesn't need an exploit.

You can find the flash carts in various stores, including the one that sponsors GBATemp, nds-card.com. Roms, however, you'll have to look on your own. Don't bother asking where to find them though, as this site has a policy to not link any copy protected material of that nature, and will take down links or requests for links.
Don't worry, I rip my own DS games for roms. So, shall I just get a card that can play just NDS and GBA roms instead of anything fancy? - Thanks for info

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, I rip my own DS games for roms. So, shall I just get a card that can play just NDS and GBA roms instead of anything fancy? - Thanks for info
Yeah. And sorry for the misread. You can use the DSTWO+ for NDS and GBA on the 3DS, but don't attempt to play 3DS games with it. Sorry for that.

Vouch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah. And sorry for the misread. You can use the DSTWO+ for NDS and GBA on the 3DS, but don't attempt to play 3DS games with it. Sorry for that.
I was only going to buy the DSTWO+ for the off chance that I could get a 3DS game but I'm not going to anymore. Do you know of a card that supports GBA roms which you recommend?

Also, do Nintendo still brick 3DSes which use R4 cards and do they find that out from the 3DS sending that information over network?

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was only going to buy the DSTWO+ for the off chance that I could get a 3DS game but I'm not going to anymore. Do you know of a card that supports GBA roms which you recommend?

Also, do Nintendo still brick 3DSes which use R4 cards and do they find that out from the 3DS sending that information over network?
The only NDS cart that can run on 3DS with the support for GBA games IS the DS TWO and TWO Plus. And no, they don't get that information over the network, so they won't know nor will ever intentionally brick your system. I still recommend getting the TWO+ simply because it has twice the processing power and memory than the original, so it can play GBA games much better than the original. As long as you don't install the 3DS gateway plugin on the TWO+, you're safe from bricking your system with it.

D

Deleted User

Also the versions of gateway that have the brick code are 3.7 and above,so you will be able to stay outa risk if u use older gateway versions to play 3ds games on your cart... please someone confirm it cause I personally never done it...

Vouch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The only NDS cart that can run on 3DS with the support for GBA games IS the DS TWO and TWO Plus. And no, they don't get that information over the network, so they won't know nor will ever intentionally brick your system. I still recommend getting the TWO+ simply because it has twice the processing power and memory than the original, so it can play GBA games much better than the original. As long as you don't install the 3DS gateway plugin on the TWO+, you're safe from bricking your system with it.
I'm feeling unsure about the TWO+, what firmware do I use if not the ripped off Gateway one? Or is the firmware not what will get it bricked?
Also the versions of gateway that have the brick code are 3.7 and above,so you will be able to stay outa risk if u use older gateway versions to play 3ds games on your cart... please someone confirm it cause I personally never done it...
I have no intention to have a high risk of my system being bricked but thanks!

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm feeling unsure about the TWO+, what firmware do I use if not the ripped off Gateway one? Or is the firmware not what will get it bricked?
It's simply a plugin for the TWO+. It's downloaded separately from the firmware for it, not part of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: