Homebrew [N00b Question] New 3ds XL Hardware or Software issue?

Kodos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Paraguay
Hello
Im new and noob here so im apologize if this Thread is duplicated and for my english:(
Yesterday I bought a soft-bricked New 3ds XL to buy for a cheap price and try to fix it.

I have no clue what version of Luma they have until they Softbrick it, the owner says that the console was working well until accidentaly update the nintendo firmware.

I try:
1) Select+Power and just the blue light turn on and off instantly, and the screen its like blink a little too
2) Start+Power same thing as 1
3) L+R+A+Up+Power same thing as 1
4) X+Start+Select+Power The blue light stay on until I release those other buttons and notice that boot9strap files are copied to micro sd card
5) Boot without micro sd card same thing as 1
6) Copy the las boot.firm from Luma 10.2.1 and turn on, same thing as 1
7) Copy the las boot.firm from Luma 7.1 and turn on, the screen shows "an error has occurred unsupported launcher (argc = 0) the turn off" a half of second and then turn off
8) Copy the las boot.firm from Luma 9.1 and turn on, the blue light turn on for about 5 second and then turn off, screen are blinking when get off and the speaker pops

I really no have idea if the micro sd card files are corrupt or its a hardware issue that for me its the worst scenario, the 3ds are charging normally, the screen have no sign to be cracked or damaged.

Maybe I think that its some issue betweeen the bootstrap version and the Luma, and after the firmware uptdate the CFW was set to autoboot but they Luma chainloader its unable to boot for this firmware update.

Help please :yay3ds:

Kodos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Paraguay
Which of the screens is blinking? When a 3DS shuts off with a speaker pop and a short white blink on one screen, it usually means that the other screen is damaged or not connected correctly.
The main screen on the top (the touchscreen stay always), I read about that but my console displays and error with the Luma 7.1 firmware just a half of second and then turn off, so Im confuse if it is a soft-brick or an screen issue

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The main screen on the top (the touchscreen stay always), I read about that but my console displays and error with the Luma 7.1 firmware just a half of second and then turn off, so Im confuse if it is a soft-brick or an screen issue
It could still be a hardware issue, the screen cable could be just barely making contact so it works for a few seconds but then stops working because one of the connections couldn't handle it or because the 3DS was moved in some way.
Have you tried using more than one SD card? There's also a possibility that your SD card is faulty.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
7) Copy the las boot.firm from Luma 7.1 and turn on, the screen shows "an error has occurred unsupported launcher (argc = 0) the turn off" a half of second and then turn off
8) Copy the las boot.firm from Luma 9.1 and turn on, the blue light turn on for about 5 second and then turn off, screen are blinking when get off and the speaker pops
Not good. Shutting off the moment it tries to turn on screen backlight.
Sounds like damaged or badly connected ribbon cable.
Try opening the shell partially (different angles). In some cases a damaged cable works in certain positions.

GodMode9 and Luma3DS settings menu should always work. I doubt software problems at this point.
Time to get out the screwdriver: https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Nintendo_3DS_XL_2015
Make sure all ribbons are inserted properly. If reinserting does not help… it means replacement of the damaged component (usually something going to the upper screen assembly)

Good luck!

Kodos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Paraguay
Yes I try with a 2 different micro sd cards but all the same results.
I will try to disassembly and see if something changes,
should I stay with the last Luma and GodMode9 in order to test it?

Kodos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Paraguay
So I disassembly the console and there was a tiny cable near the "L" button conection that need to be push to the motherboard and that make the 3ds turn on with de Luma 9.1 but only the Touchscreen displays the menu, the soud has no issue but the top Screen stay black all the time, I saw a background light that turns on in the top screen but all its black.

What could be this issue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really...