N-Gage Soft Mod?

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It must be my ROMs. I followed your list exactly, and no go. Thank you for messing around with this to help out-- hopefully when I get a different ROMset, it'll work.

EDIT: The only other thing is the error I get upon booting the phone "Sim Registration has failed"

EDIT: Also, I read something to the effect that higher capacity cards run into these errors. That has me wondering now. Count, are you using a small capacity card?

You're welcome :)

The SIM registration shouldnt be related, mine has no SIM in it at all.

I'm using a 1GB card (damn it was expensive in 2004 or so), certainly could be an issue with 2GB MMCs.
Most of the games are tiny so likely were sold on cards less than 64MB in size. I wouldnt think it should be an issue as its still FAT(16) but you never know, old devices often had strange limitations.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
I never heard of this but it sounds like it's an updated firmware model if games like Ashen say insert game card or similar errors, the game is cracked most likely any copy you get is already done.. but if there was some updated version of the firmware on late models maybe there's some extra check? Otherwise there should definitely not be a problem. Maybe every QD is not the same, although i have never heard of revisions..

Or is it possible it's a fake sized MMC? Like one of those SD cards with the size made to look a lot larger but not function correctly because they are tiny in reality. MMC was probably popular enough for fakes to be made, it's a possibility? Or just the 2GB problem like people suggested. Maybe format to a smaller size just to see if it makes a difference, if the game icon shows up its reading the game so it's a strange problem.

Friend of Sonic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll certainly try though I am confident the card is legit. I also got the prototype to Alien Front to work, so I don't know. I'm gonna start messing with it this week.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Only the prototype? That's strange, do other prototypes work? That's the only version of Alien Front, it was never released in the end. Prototypes had the same checks as final versions though, the ones i saw at least. Make sure you are using the most recent system files that go with the game (the files in /app? i forget, but the files separate from the game folder). If you have old app dir it might have uncracked system files in, you want the latest ones so let it overwrite when you copy new games onto the card.

Every time you copy a game its going to replace the files so you want the most recent cracked ones, by the file dates. You might have unintentionally overwrote with clean system files which would break every game from working.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Please remember that sharing or even requesting warez is strictly prohibited on GBAtemp. As for the games themselves, they should work as-is on any compatible storage medium, they don't need patching of any kind.

7ank0v1c

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please remember that sharing or even requesting warez is strictly prohibited on GBAtemp. As for the games themselves, they should work as-is on any compatible storage medium, they don't need patching of any kind.

I do apologize, I didn't fully realise. I do actually own the games and have copied the files from the official card to a mmc but it doesn't work. I am very sure they are supposed to be cracked/patched first. I am just completely unable to find them anywhere. Not sure what to do really at this point...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I do apologize, I didn't fully realise. I do actually own the games and have copied the files from the official card to a mmc but it doesn't work. I am very sure they are supposed to be cracked/patched first. I am just completely unable to find them anywhere. Not sure what to do really at this point...
You can't just copy-paste them from the original medium, they're only meant to work on the particular MMC card they're on. Digital games are actually hard-coded to the handset they were downloaded to initially. Because of that you either needed to use custom installers or download cracked versions back in the day. Where to find cracked games is a question you should ask Google - finding N-Gage ROMs is trivial and, to my knowledge, all of the officially released games, as well as many betas, have been dumped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn