Emulation Myboy emulator problem with zoids legacy

temakixai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just been playing Zoids Legacy (usa version) fine with no problem. But now it's started being weird.

Well, firstly this whole time it hasn't been letting me save, which is seriously annoying. (I've had to keep using save states to be able to save my progress. I've tried setting the cartridge save type to every option with no success)

But today it started doing something even weirder. All the sounds stopped working properly for some reason.
All the music is garbled with only a few sounds making it through as if someone turned off most of the tracks and left like the backing bass line in or something.
Then, almost all sound effects are gone except for the confirmation sound and a few lasers, nothing else.
As you can imagine this sorta ruins the experience.

If I restart the rom, I can make a new game (still can't save) but all the sound works fine. If I load the save slot however, it messes up the sound.
How on earth can the data in a save affect something that should be in the game's normal code? And if I've somehow affected something, can I fix it? I've been playing for over a week now so I really don't want to have to restart unless I can find some kind of full save game editor that will let me completely replicate every detail of where I am in my game.

This basically just happened suddenly when I opened the game this evening. It was fine before this and other than using cheats I haven't done anything that should have messed with it.
I have tried;
- turning off cheats
- restarting the rom
- restarting the emulation
- closing other apps
- restarting the tablet
- updating MyBoy emulator to the latest version

Is there any way I can fix this issue? Or at least fix the problem with not being able to save?
(Also if anyone knows of like a save editor or something I can use on my computer that'd be sweet, but I know this is a bit of an underappreciated game so chances are slim.)
Also sorry if this isn't the appropriate place to ask this. I couldn't seem to find a site for MyBoy where I could ask for support.

temakixai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Update:
Redownloading the rom fixed the saving issue??

Unfortunately meant I had to just restart the game and lose all my progress. Hopefully this glitch doesn't happen again.

ZakarayasYT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, if you guys are still having this save issue with Zoids: Legends for gba, I figured it out. It’s the emulator. I switched to this emulator and it allows me to save with no errors gba.44670.org hope this helps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@