Hardware My xbox 360 hard drive is not recognizable

bob1212

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo I’ve bought a hard drive case for the fat Xbox 360 and I popped a 500gb hard drive and putted it back together and when I attached it to my Xbox it didn’t show up on the storage

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, you have to format it with the system using the serial number. it's been years since I did that with a 1TB hdd.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if it's not being detected at all, make sure the hdd (the back of it iirc) is underneath the little lip on the hdd bay.

also, if it's not a jtag/rgh, you need a wd scorpio drive, I believe, still. then use hdd hacker from what I remember. I did that with official system, and it worked.

Reactions: Deleted User

bob1212

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, you have to format it with the system using the serial number. it's been years since I did that with a 1TB hdd.

if it's not being detected at all, make sure the hdd (the back of it iirc) is underneath the little lip on the hdd bay.

also, if it's not a jtag/rgh, you need a wd scorpio drive, I believe, still. then use hdd hacker from what I remember. I did that with official system, and it worked.
So uhh if I rgh my console I can use the hard drive I have right now?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, iirc, any up to 2TB hdd should work with an rgh. it's for a 9.5mm hdd, the phat caddie, but you can fit a 12.5mm in there like I did by bending those four metal tabs that go over the hdd until they break off. just bend them back and they'll snap off. it might save you some money.

bob1212

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, iirc, any up to 2TB hdd should work with an rgh. it's for a 9.5mm hdd, the phat caddie, but you can fit a 12.5mm in there like I did by bending those four metal tabs that go over the hdd until they break off. just bend them back and they'll snap off. it might save you some money.
Ok I have a 500gb I’ll look into rghing any suggestions on what chips

like what is the cheapest way to rgh

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you can get ahold of a wd scorpio (might require specific sizes), you can put the hdd on an official system. I did mine a very long time ago, so 500GBs I think was out of question. I think microsoft increased the size an internal hdd could be over the years. I'm not sure what the max is officially.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You'll need a specific 500 GB drive if you want to use it on the retail side yes, a security sector needs to be written to the drive.
RGHing it indeed removes that feature.

Max size for retails is 500 GB yep

I'd go for a Ace v3 or TX coolrunner chip.
RGH 1.2 is what you'll want to do.
However, why limit yourself to 500 GB with RGH, FATX supports up to 2 TB.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To be clear, you are aware that if you RGH you can't use XBL without being banned?

This yeah.
You can invest into stealth servers but I wouldn't do it.

That being said, 360 servers are infested with fuck children that cheat.
Imho, you lose nothing by ditching XBL.

bob1212

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be clear, you are aware that if you RGH you can't use XBL without being banned?

What model HDD do you have?
I know I will using the hard drive saving games and for game backups if I rgh,also I think I have a Samsung hard drive

You'll need a specific 500 GB drive if you want to use it on the retail side yes, a security sector needs to be written to the drive.
RGHing it indeed removes that feature.

Max size for retails is 500 GB yep

I'd go for a Ace v3 or TX coolrunner chip.
RGH 1.2 is what you'll want to do.
However, why limit yourself to 500 GB with RGH, FATX supports up to 2 TB.
I’m probably going to pick up a 1tb

Last edited by bob1212,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Oh, that's why that transformer statue sold at auction for 1.2 million.