Hacking MY WII IS HORRIBLY BRICKED!!! HELP!!!

rubberboy456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys recently i found out how to use wads use backups and all that type of stuff. After i got done putting some wads on my wii, an error message would come up about 2 minutes after each time i turned my power on. After trying to fix it, I got a message saying my wii had lost system files and now it does not work! Every time i turn on my wii it shows the same message but now its really scrambled so you can't even read the message....does anyone have any suggestions on what to do??? I tried the gamecube controller thingy but it didn't work...either cause i dont have what i need on my sd card or cause im using a wireless gc controller to do it....HELLLLPPP

Unfortune

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
rubberboy456 said:
hey guys recently i found out how to use wads use backups and all that type of stuff. After i got done putting some wads on my wii, an error message would come up about 2 minutes after each time i turned my power on. After trying to fix it, I got a message saying my wii had lost system files and now it does not work! Every time i turn on my wii it shows the same message but now its really scrambled so you can't even read the message....does anyone have any suggestions on what to do??? I tried the gamecube controller thingy but it didn't work...either cause i dont have what i need on my sd card or cause im using a wireless gc controller to do it....HELLLLPPP

thats a banner brick. You probably installed a bad .wad file.

do you have preloader or bootmii? What system menu do you have?

And, how did you try to fix it?

Oh yeah, and the recovery mode (the "gamecube controller thingy") only works with a wired gamecube controller.

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More info please. What wads did you install or uninstall? Can you still boot at all to the system menu? Can you get into homebrew channel? Do you have preloader installed? Or bootmii with a nand backup?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
First, I'm feeling with you, but: WHY THE HECK CAN'T YOUR GUYS SEARCH/GIVE MORE INFO!!!????

How can we help you if you don't give enough Informations?
Give more Info please!!! Like: Modchip? System Version? BootMii? Preloader?

rubberboy456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have no mod chip...i have system 4.0U....i do have preloader and i have bootmii but i cant get to any of that stuff at all when i start up the wii nothin happens but displays that scrambled message

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
rubberboy456 said:
i have no mod chip...i have system 4.0U....i do have preloader and i have bootmii but i cant get to any of that stuff at all when i start up the wii nothin happens but displays that scrambled message
You have BootMii? As boot v2? and Preloader?

Simple:

-Turn on your Wii
-Hold immediately Reset
-Go to HBC
-Go to WAD manager
-Delete the Wads you've installed (but please only Channels)

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
1. turn wii on either hold reset and get to preloader, boot HBC or Wadmanager, uninstall .wad file that killed your Wii SOLVED

2. use bootmii to get to HBC and do same SOLVED.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
rubberboy456 said:
the wads i did install were mostly n64 like super smash bros., pokemon snap, cruisin usa, mario kart 64 etc

If realy all .wads were only VC/WiiWare games, then do it like above said...

Blue-K said:
rubberboy456 said:

Simple:

-Turn on your Wii
-Hold immediately Reset
-Go to HBC
-Go to WAD manager

QUOTE(kLiNiKaL @ Jul 8 2009, 07:48 PM)
1. turn wii on either hold reset and get to preloader, boot HBC or Wadmanager, uninstall .wad file that killed your Wii SOLVED

2. use bootmii to get to HBC and do same SOLVED.

Unfortune

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Blue-K said:
rubberboy456 said:

Simple:

-Turn on your Wii
-Hold immediately Reset
-Go to HBC
-Go to WAD manager

You dont have to turn it on and press reset, You can just hold reset and press on until the menu shows up

rubberboy456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i deleted all the wads i had installed but the "system files are corrupted" message is still displayed and is a little less scrambled then before

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
then reinstall your system menu, get hold of SystemMenuv289.wad i believe is 3.2U i know v290 is PAL.

and reinstall with WADManager if that doesnt work , you can use Mod5a of AnyRegionChanger that will reinstall 3.2 and all associated IOS's.

also a offline version in MiiWii pack.

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold reset immeadiately after booting up the wii to boot into preloader. Once preloader boots up it should say "IOS v60" and "Systemmenu v417" in the lower left corner. See if your wii says these things too and report the findings.

Unfortune

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
if it doesnt say IOSv60 on the bottom left of preloader, then go to settings and change the IOS version to 60 and press save settings. Press b to return to preloaders main menu and press A on system menu. it should work.

rubberboy456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i boot it up it says ios v60 systemmenu v417 preloader v 0.29....

idk if this has anythin to do with it but after i put the wads on the wii was fine but ineeded blocks so i copyed some to my sd card but they were games that i had bought from wii shop channel stuff like streets of rage, internet channel, photo channel, and deleted them from the wii....then this whole thing began....just puttin that out there

Unfortune

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
have you ran IOS Downgrader or trucha bug restorer before? if you havent, load one of them from the homebrew channel.

after its done (make sure theres no errors. if there are, do it again) get AnyRegion Changer from wiibrew.org and load it. According to your region, install system menu 3.2 and press go. It should say USA above if you have a ntsc wii.

wii should work again.

(note: you need internet for these!)

rubberboy456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could someone be so kind to send me a link to download one of the system menus you've mentioned? i can't find the exact ones you guys have mentioned and i dont want to make any mistakes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-