Hacking My SSBB MoveSwap Project

webyugioh

OP
Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
I first heard about moveswapping moves in SSBB here.
I loved what they were doing, but it seems like they are now too busy with there texture hacking
(which i support all the way, please look here to see the awesomeness)
so i decided, after i found out how to do it via ocarina, to try it out and post my progress.
Here is a brief explanation on some terms I will be using, taken from here:
QUOTE said:
The move swap hack is achieved by using Trucha Signer to replace a character’s moveset with another often resulting in a bizarre hybridized version of said character. Usually this action will completely freeze the game upon doing many of the special moves especially up special. However, every now and then, combinations do work flawlessly ( by that I mean they do not cause a complete freeze ). The best thing about this, though is that characteristics of each character sometimes crossover to improve on how they play; sometimes drastically. For instance, putting a fast characters moves into a slower character will make the moves fast while retaining the same amount of power.

There are two kinds of freezing to deal withwhen doing the moveswap hack. The main one is the Dead Freeze. This is when the entire game locks up due to some error. These typically occur when doing a character’s special move; usually the up or neutral one. They have also been known to occur when placing a character that does not crawl into a character that does or vice versa. For instance, I once put Wolf’s moves into Diddy Kong. Since Wolf does not have a crawling animation, the game froze. Also ( and unfortunately ) the Dead Freeze has occured at random indeterminable moments. Another, significantly less harmful but still annoying, method of freezing is the Partial Lock. This is when a character performs a move ( again likely to be a special move ) and the character alone will freeze up. Now this is really only bad if you are the character using this move because it renders your character completely immobilized until you either get hit, or worse; get killed. Basically if using a character with moves that cause Partial Lock, don’t use them unless you have some sort of exit strategy.

I will basically be showing you how the character looks, maybe some of the A (regular) moves, the 4 B moves (specials) [B, Up B, Down B and Side B], and the final smash. + anything else i think looks interesting.

OK, on with the swaps!

Swap #1: Marth injected with Link

Swap #2: Ike injected with Link

Swap #3: Pikachu injected with Metaknight

Swap #4: Dedede injected with Donkey Kong

Swap #5: Pit injected with Link

Swap #6: Ganondorf injected Capitan Falcon

Please comment on these and how you guys and gals like them.
I will post more as I have time to do them,
and if you guys like them and want more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt