My Sky Blue/Black 2DS

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Katana, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Katana
    OP

Katana Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2014
    United States
    I was bored of the colors that my 2DS had, and I had the whole day to myself, so I decided to change things up a bit. Not to be confused with the blue that already comes by default , I painted my 2DS and the stylus sky blue with acrylic paint.

In summary, to do this I unscrewed the 2DS and removed the parts that I wanted to paint, which was easier than I expected it to be. I mixed a little bit of white paint with blue paint to make the sky blue paint that I used. After mixing the paint, I painted the parts, giving them about 3 - 4 coats of paint each, also letting the parts dry for an hour in between coats. Though, the stylus and the volume tab had to be slimmed down a bit so they could fit in the socket with the layers of paint. Putting the parts back was also fairly easy, for the most part.

I had trouble accommodating the triggers' springs since they're small and have to be sort of pushed back with the triggers while being placed in. I just used a small screwdriver to push the springs with one hand while placing the triggers in with the other.

I'm pretty happy with the results. I actually think the sky blue contrasts better with the black than the blue did. I don't really think that there's a point of making the 2DS pretty if I'm just going to keep it to myself, so I decided to share the results here. The image should be visible below.

[​IMG]

Mylink5 likes this.
  2. WigWrm

WigWrm GBAtemp Regular

Apr 17, 2007
    United States
    Looks nice. Good job!