My opinion on the Sky3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by AniTracks, Dec 5, 2016.

1. AniTracks
    OP

AniTracks Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2016
    United States
    Hey guys, I recently bought a Sky3ds+ online and just wanted to share my opinions on it. First off, the card certainly isn't better than Gateway and will never beat CFW. I mainly got mine because I stupidly upgraded to 11.2 from 11.1. Anyways, gonna see if I can get a hardmod on this thing but for now, I am gonna use the Sky3DS+ until I either hardmod, or someone miraculously makes a CFW for 11.2 (probably will never happen). And honestly, you can bash me for having my Sky3DS but I have my reasons. Good day :)

2. ThisIsDaAccount

ThisIsDaAccount GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 8, 2016
    United States
    Those are some good reasons, just make sure not to go online with public headers.

AniTracks likes this.
  3. AniTracks
    OP

AniTracks Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2016
    United States
    Already have a private header, but thanks for the warning :)

4. Skyshadow101

Skyshadow101 The Sky Is The Limit!

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    I completely agree with you, I own a blue button, you can very easily turn .3ds to .cia, play cartridge-only games, and you can use it for homebrew entry points.

In general, very good product. Way better than Gateway though. Or should I say Brickway?

Xiphiidae and AniTracks like this.
  5. AniTracks
    OP

AniTracks Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2016
    United States
    Sorry for being a noob but, what does .3ds to .cia mean? Can the Sky3DS somehow play .cia?

6. Skyshadow101

Skyshadow101 The Sky Is The Limit!

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    No, you can put a .3ds game on it, then use Decrypt9 to change it to .cia while the Sky3DS is loaded onto that game. Then you can use that .cia file and install it for easier access.

7. AniTracks
    OP

AniTracks Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2016
    United States
    Ah, thanks or fixing up my confusion.