Hacking My Nintendo account deactivated

nintendough

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to hear. Question tho, I got my friend to install a game I have a few copies of (1 on SNES, 1 on PS1 - you guys can figure out which one). He used the DKC2 shell. Yesterday I downloaded DKC2 + DKC3 (bought some Wii points with a gift card) - is there any sort of ticket issue I need to worry about if I opt into the Nintendo channel? Is there any way to remove the "channel" so Nintendo never knows/cares?

And slightly related, I noticed the injected game has a save called "DKC2". I kinda want to play DKC2 but am afraid to since I think it may save over my other file - any solutions?

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendough said:
Good to hear. Question tho, I got my friend to install a game I have a few copies of (1 on SNES, 1 on PS1 - you guys can figure out which one). He used the DKC2 shell. Yesterday I downloaded DKC2 + DKC3 (bought some Wii points with a gift card) - is there any sort of ticket issue I need to worry about if I opt into the Nintendo channel? Is there any way to remove the "channel" so Nintendo never knows/cares?

And slightly related, I noticed the injected game has a save called "DKC2". I kinda want to play DKC2 but am afraid to since I think it may save over my other file - any solutions?
Nintendo Channel may report the "game you have a few copies of" to Nintendo.

Possible save incompatibility: You downloaded DKC2 and that didn't delete the "game you have a few copies of". < If this has happened, saving will be fine, you'll just have two saves that show DKC2.

nintendough

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nanika said:

Possible save incompatibility: You downloaded DKC2 and that didn't delete the "game you have a few copies of". < If this has happened, saving will be fine, you'll just have two saves that show DKC2.

I have 2 copies of CT on the SNES and 1 on PS1 from FFC (or was it in the anthology pack, I forget whcih one) and if I could buy it on VC I would...

But my question was about the tickets or something I keep hearing about. Or is the problem the fact that people were downloading VC games without paying for them and they'd then show up on the My Nintendo page which would then actually piss Nintendo off? I figure they couldn't care less about what I'm doing since I pretty much throw money at them...

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendough said:
nanika said:

I have 2 copies of CT on the SNES and 1 on PS1 from FFC (or was it in the anthology pack, I forget whcih one) and if I could buy it on VC I would...

But my question was about the tickets or something I keep hearing about. Or is the problem the fact that people were downloading VC games without paying for them and they'd then show up on the My Nintendo page which would then actually piss Nintendo off? I figure they couldn't care less about what I'm doing since I pretty much throw money at them...
Ah the tickets. No-one really knows what Nintendo'll do, as far as I know.
Because of this, you have several arguments:

"If you use a fake ticket (one not recognised by the Shop Channel) you'll be safe as it ignores it." But the ticket is still shown to Nintendo, and whether the Shop does ignore it or not is up for question.
"If you use a real ticket you're safe as the Shop Channel won't recognise it as a bad ticket." Another good point, as a bad ticket may signal an error to Nintendo, but still, if you have this real ticket without paying for it... as even though it may not show up on your account, a game you were gifted must be logged somewhere to let you download it. And a good ticket .wad-installed wouldn't.
As for games showing up on a My Nintendo account, I don't have one, so can't comment.

Any homebrew/injected game would show up as having a bad ticket somewhere along the line.

The Nintendo Channel shows to Nintendo some information about your console, including playtime for games. This isn't too much of a worry, just enter and exit the Photo Channel 10 times a day before you play a game you shouldn't.
However, it is unknown, as far as I know, whether it lists to Nintendo what games you have or not.

The problem is, as you said, people downloading games without paying. But whether Wiis will stop working or not or lose internet functionality... all depends on Nintendo's move.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool