My lite doesn't always turn on/off

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by dlf, Dec 14, 2009.

1. dlf
    OP

dlf GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2009
    United States
    I might call Nintendo of America Tech Support if this persists but for a few hours my DS lite that I bought sometime last November (late Nov 08) won't always turn on OR off when I push the switch for it to turn on or off, DESPITE it being given power. It has been dropped a few times, it has a few scratches on the hinge but nothing series or ugly. Any idea why it's doing this?

2. clioke

clioke Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2009
    Belgium
    Just change the power switch.
    you can find them on ebay.

3. dlf
    OP

dlf GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2009
    United States
    Some other problem I have is: that the left (and sometimes right) shoulder buttons won't register that I pressed them down. Should I replace my lite (that was already used) with a new(er) one?

4. ProtoKun7

ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4

Global Moderator
    Jan 3, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Gallifrey
    Could do. The shoulder buttons often have problems; try blowing into the gaps or putting compressed air in. That should fix them, albeit temporarily.

5. dlf
    OP

dlf GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2009
    United States
    If I bought a DSI (for the time) sent my lite back to Nintendo (for $85 since it's out of warranty) than exchanged the DSI for a XL (when it comes out) that should be all good . . .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice