UranusKiller

TranceMaster
OP
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
I first got into Hardcore/Gabba music in 1996-1997 time, listening to my brothers playing old Colosseum/Afterdark/REZ/PowerHouse/Revvels tapes (Brother Jason aka Skywalkmnan-GB, Mark aka DJSpuddy, Cliff aka Cliffraves and brother Christian.
My Brother cliff was already spinning on the decks with jungle and hiphop and other old style/age gabba.
Mark and Christian followed in his footsteps and learnt the hobby and followed suit buying records etc....They use to buy vinyl from local record shops, and mix them.
I grew up originally (whilst at a young age 9,10 etc) listening to happy hardcore/dutch hardcore/gabba, listening to pioneers like DJ Scott Brown, Bass Generator, Charly Lownoise & Mental Theo, Dune, Marusha, Critical Mass, etc.

In 1998-99 a new sound was created called Makina (Spanish sound) which is similar to hardcore, but more bouncy, tuneful and the use of samples, (originally.)
My brother Christian started turning into this style of hardcore named makina, and started buying what are considered the rare classics, and he had at least 40 of them, the likes of GAK - The Hym, Mutation vs silverado - Friends etc. After a few years he had to get rid of them and kind of stopped the hobby of mixing.
Anyway again yet another incredible genre had suddenly exploded onto the dance scene called Trance in 1998-99, by god were these amazing tunes, the likes of Digital Blonde - Electra, Mauro Picotto, Gouryella, even Alice Deejay! Also the more harder style were Scott Project, Yoji Biomehanika, Megara & DJ lee, etc.
Trance has many sub siders of it's name Trance: Progressive, vocal, chillout, emotional, inspirational, energetic, hard, etc..... And I love them all providing they do the one thing and that's blow me away, and to do that it needs to have a amazing melody, (extremely tuneful) or just an amazing energetic, or incredibly banging hard trancer track!
smile.gif

Ever since I first got into the big 4 genre's hardcore/makina/gabba/trance I have followed the genre's to this day, and yes sadly the sound of each genre has change dramatically.
After perhaps 2003 makina started turning into hoovers which stopped blowing, with a nursery rhyme and a cat screetching sample lol. (An example)
tongue.gif

Hardcore changed into nu style hardcore, which is more dancy, less "hard" and FULL of vocals, it's rubbish!
frown.gif

Gabba hasn't changed much other than the use of different basslines and drums usually distorted reverbing basslines etc. And now allot of Gabba is using hard trance basslines, and they work too.
Trance has seriously changed, it's gone all progressive, European electronic dance style, it's hardly trance anymore
frown.gif
But their are still the top producer dj's that still produce the odd track which shows the magic of how trance use to be written! And we just have to check out the new sounds from underground producers, since that's where the greater side of trance is coming from, but 1999 was the best year for trance up until 2003. A few films helped add to the rise of the golden age trance scene were films like Kevin & Perry Go Large and 51st State, as they have trance banged out in clubs, and playing great songs within that golden age.
smile.gif

And as you'd expect I carried on listening to this kind of music till this day which we are currently in 2010!
smile.gif

I would think the main Producer DJ that has inspired me trough the years is ATB http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATB His style is incredible, he has his own style which no body matches, its like a uplifting really bouncy energetic trance, and he also produced allot of slow soulful soothing chillout music, which is just mind blowing.
Chillout/Trance is not just music, it becomes power and lust for life...

Back on the mixing side of things, in 1998-00 kind of time i was pissing about not knowing what i was doing with my brothers decks setups, but then in 2001 or 2002 my brother mark (DJ Spuddy) gave me his old belt drive decks and some duplicates of trance/hardcore records he had!
smile.gif

I then purchased my own setup, I also bought a Axis Numark mp3 deck, but it broke! so i sent it back for a full refund, £189 too! I really hope I can get a decent set of cdj decks in the future!
smile.gif

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

(Sadly I don't have any pics of my old belt drive decks)
Anyway here's a pic of my decks setup in 2003 time.

lookofDecks.jpg

RezDecks.jpg

mydeck.jpg

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Here's a few images of the labels i started collecting since the covers look awesome, sadly only a select few are what i would call good hardcore/gabba tracks!
wink.gif

Ruffneckrecords.jpg

Dwarfrecords.jpg

Babyboomrecords.jpg

Here's my setup in 2005 time:

dannysdeckssetup.jpg

S800d0005.jpg

And here's my setup in 2008 time
tongue.gif

37880101502201542652329.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: you can be the host