OP
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got the idea when I was making a banner for my website: http://www.wabsta.com
And I thought, "let's make a wallpaper!".
Any comments? It's 1280x800 btw (15.4" laptop).
Here it is:
1up_Mario_Levels_by_wabsta.png

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Perhaps a glow or a burst of something from behind the 1UP to make it stand out more. It's not that it doesn't catch my eye, it's just the outline of the mushroom blends in with the background

EDIT:
For a simple effect, take your mushroom and duplicate the layer. Expand the image perhaps 25%. Gaussian Blur the heck out of it and change the layer opacity to, oh, 25%. Oh yeah, put that layer under your original mushroom.

Now you can do whatever to the blurred mushroom like change it's outline colour

Layers:
Mushroom

Blurred Mushroom
Background

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
BiscuitBee said:
Perhaps a glow or a burst of something from behind the 1UP to make it stand out more. It's not that it doesn't catch my eye, it's just the outline of the mushroom blends in with the background

EDIT:
For a simple effect, take your mushroom and duplicate the layer. Expand the image perhaps 25%. Gaussian Blur the heck out of it and change the layer opacity to, oh, 25%. Oh yeah, put that layer under your original mushroom.

Now you can do whatever to the blurred mushroom like change it's outline colour

Layers:
Mushroom

Blurred Mushroom
Background
That's actually a good idea, I'm going to try something like that right away.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
rmjyq0.jpg

Should probably end up with something like this. Just a guideline, 'my way' isn't the 'right way'.

Also, your results will be MUCH better since I just took yours and chopped it up quickly
smile.gif

EDIT:
2r59krm.jpg

Avatar size since it looks kinda neat
smile.gif

Wabsta

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
wallpaper2rd7.png

I have it like this now, is it nice? Or not exactly what you meant? I don't think so, looking at the one you made
tongue.gif
Yea, as a avatar it's really cool, but i can't just give up my radioactive demonic powers...
tongue.gif

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wabsta said:
I have it like this now, is it nice? Or not exactly what you meant? I don't think so, looking at the one you made
tongue.gif
Yea, as a avatar it's really cool, but i can't just give up my radioactive demonic powers...
tongue.gif
I like it! Of course it isn't exactly what I meant... it would be a boring internets if everything was my way T.T

Also, just add a big starburst and some sparkles and it'll be a typical Web 2.0 wallpaper
biggrin.gif

Wabsta

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
BiscuitBee said:
wabsta said:
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
I like it! Of course it isn't exactly what I meant... it would be a boring internets if everything was my way T.T

Also, just add a big starburst and some sparkles and it'll be a typical Web 2.0 wallpaper
biggrin.gif
Okay, cool
smile.gif

I think I like it this way now, just mario, no other stuff like stars and sparkles (however, I COULD use transparant mariostars
tongue.gif
).

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4