Hacking Hardware Switch Lite picofly pressure on the back problem

Sirop2pop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello ! I had already posted a thread about my Switch Lite rebooting randomly, I thought the problem was software but it seems not, when I press on the back of the Switch where picofly is, the console reboot on the Nintendo logo and freeze on it and I need to hard reset otherwise of this everything works without worries I can make long session of games etc. but here it is

I've read that you need to apply a little kapton tape to make it stick better, that the shell may be too tight, buy a shell to avoid the problem so idk any ideas?

Thx for the response and have a good day !

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What kind of chip is it and where did you place it?
Let's presume it's RP2040-zero/tiny and it's placed on top of eMMC, so isolate everything nicely with kapton tape:
  • top of eMMC cover
  • bottom and sides of RP2040
  • top of metal shell cover (region with contact of eMMC)
If the chip is placed in a different spot, you should cut the metallic shell and still isolate everything with tape

Sirop2pop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What kind of chip is it and where did you place it?
Let's presume it's RP2040-zero/tiny and it's placed on top of eMMC, so isolate everything nicely with kapton tape:
  • top of eMMC cover
  • bottom and sides of RP2040
  • top of metal shell cover (region with contact of eMMC)
If the chip is placed in a different spot, you should cut the metallic shell and still isolate everything with tape
It was installed by a technician and i think it's Rp2040 on it , also i'm bit afraid to teardown the switch for puting Kapton tape like it's risky no ?
Post automatically merged:

It was installed by a technician and i think it's Rp2040 on it , also i'm bit afraid to teardown the switch for puting Kapton tape like it's risky no ?
Any idea Anyone ?

Last edited by Sirop2pop,

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's better to show it to the person who installed the chip, since it's his responsibility to give it back to you in the same working conditions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Might be messy but the flavor is worth the goo lol