My EZ Flash 3in1

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Hakoda, May 27, 2010.

May 27, 2010

My EZ Flash 3in1 by Hakoda at 11:37 PM (1,128 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Hakoda
    OP

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    My EZ Flash 3in1+ came in today from LeetMod only because I needed it before I left on vacation so ShopTemp wouldn't really work in this case since I live in San Jose, CA USA. Anyway I got the package opened it, popped it into my DS with my Acekard and it didn't detect it. So I try it again and still nothing. Finally I take the old school method and blow into the EZ Flash & the DS Slot-2, to finally find out that it gets detected. First thing I do is test out the Opera Browser which sucks really bad. If anyone can link to me to a guide for a graphical browser under DSLinux, that'd be great. I haven't tried any GBA games yet but are there any games that don't work with AKAIO 1.6RC2? Are there any good homebrew applications/ games that I can run to get the full experience of my 3in1?

Thanks guys. I am a new Slot-2 user so I'll have some reading to do as well, bear with me.

2. spark1223

Member spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Some game do not save with akaio.

3. Hakoda
    OP

United States
    Ha. I learned that the hard way.

I'm mainly using GBA Exploader but do you know which version is ideal for AKAIO? GBA Exploader 0.58b, 0.58b0, & 0.57 keep freezing on me. Like constantly. Its getting very annoying. I've tried manually DLDI patching but no diff. I'm getting symptoms like when GBA Exploder loads, it will ask where to dump the SAV in the SRAM. I hit the "SAV" slot and it freezes. Then upon reboot it will get past that step but once the "Loading to RAM.." bar get to 100%, it freezes. Then one more reboot will freeze it at the step where I choose which slot to dump the SRAM to. Then one MORE reboot will get the game running.

Also when loading a new game I get white screens until reboot then it will work.

4. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Shame Wood R4 doesn't support the EZ Flash 3-in-1 plus, which i'm guessing is what all the retailers supply when you order a EZ Flash 3-in-1.

5. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    That's something I'd like to know about Shoptemp myself, are they supplying the old, new or plus models?
    I have a "new" one I think, and it's been acting up lately. Things like not being able to reflash it with GBA EXPloader or extract SRAM saves.

6. Hakoda
    OP

United States
    Glad I'm not the only one getting freezes with this homebrew.

The only reason I'm using GBA Exploader is because Pokemon Emerald works on it and not with AKAIO. I have it SRAM patched with the EZ4 Client but I still get save corruption errors. GBATA patch didn't work. My guess is this probably typical.

7. spark1223

United States
    Use the dldi file from the official firmware with AKAIO, and GBA Exploader will stop freezing.

8. Hakoda
    OP

United States
    I did. No diff, it still froze when accessing the SRAM. Unless I did it wrong (i doubt it). I used this DLDI GUI Patcher: Link and the ak2_sd.dldi file found in the 4.22 release of the Official firmware. I patched version 0.58b.

9. spark1223

United States
    [​IMG] No... My god... DO NOT PRE DLDI PATCH!!

Use that dldi file and put it in the _aio directory and just run the GBA exploader program with AKAIO.

10. Hakoda
    OP

United States
    *facepalm* How could I have been so ignorant. Thank you. When I was told to "use" the official firmware's DLDI I assumed use it to patch the homebrew. Somehow AKAIO's automatic DLDI patching eluded me. Thanks again.

11. spark1223

United States
    No prob, yeah we all miss stuff like this. Another word of advice don't patch GBA games for save type at all. You'll never need to with AKAIO or GBA Exploader it will only make the game not work if you do. (In another words, you should always use clean roms [unless doing an rtc patch])